Is it acceptable to laugh at those less fortunate?

When the Barnsley Metrodome opened, some used to joke about the locals turning up with a soap-on-a-rope and rubber duck....

When the Barnsley Metrodome opened, some used to joke about the locals turning up with a soap-on-a-rope and rubber duck....

Rubber duck? Why? :suspect:

Is "rubber duck" a euphemism?

I laugh at the people who wander around castle market area of the city. Is that acceptable?

Is "rubber duck" a euphemism?

Ah, profanity. It rhymes with duck.

I laugh at the people who wander around castle market area of the city. Is that acceptable?

Chavs? Yes. Little old ladies doing their shopping? Then no. :P

What about little old ladies who smell of wee?

I respect my elders, unlike some :suspect::) But yes, I do laugh at the chavs, the great unwashed and those that look a bit suspect.

Some people laugh at Shameless, I don't as to me the Shameless tv series was being brought up around Pitsmoor in the 70's and spending the rest of my weekends, school hols at friends/aunts/uncles at Parson X

I wouldn't swap any of my memories for nothing

Some people laugh at Shameless, I don't as to me the Shameless tv series was being brought up around Pitsmoor in the 70's and spending the rest of my weekends, school hols at friends/aunts/uncles at Parson X

I wouldn't swap any of my memories for nothing

I hope you received help for the post traumatic stress :)

It's interesting how none of the RW thugs on here have replied to this thread

I can't help laughing at pedestrians with no coats when i'm in the car in a torrential downpour. This failing of mine reached it's peak a couple of years ago near the Royal Hallamshire.

Having just left the car park, we turned down the hill in a downpour. Soggy students walking around everywhere crying about their ruined £30 haircuts. At a pedestrian crossing was a solicitor/legal secretary-looking woman. Power-dressed, high heels, looking all smug and pleased with herself under her big umbrella. The lights turned to red, and the traffic stopped. Out she stepped into the gutter into about four inches of water and SPLASH!

It was the way she hurried along, without even flinching, obviously hoping nobody had noticed. We had, and almost ruptured ourselves...

I hope you received help for the post traumatic stress :)

on the contrary Agent O it taught me the ways of the world and i like to think i've never had my pants pulled down as an adult or a chabby because of that upbringing, people in and out of the house all the time, my older cousins and uncles making us spar with boxing gloves on that were bigger than our heads, i loved it :)