Works on Woodseats Road railway bridge MEGATHREAD

Am I the only one?

I've been waiting for them to fix the bridge and reinstate the bus stops for five years but damn is it a pain in the arse?!

I don't understand your complaint.

You say that the road works are necessary, but you write a post on this forum moaning about them?

What do you want?

No pleasing some people.

You say that the road works are necessary, but you write a post on this forum moaning about them?

What do you want?

No pleasing some people.

I think he has every right to make this comment. He wants the works to be done, but he's currently being kept away by the noise.

You win some, you lose some....

When I have been abroad in noisy resorts, I had no problem getting a sound night's sleep when I used earplugs.....

What do you want?

No pleasing some people.

What do I want? For the work to be done during the day of course! Of course I realise I want doesn't get as the need to keep the traffic flowing trumps my need for a peaceful night.

Bus man -- no replacement bus stop -on the upside- say it's not so! It's a long way from opposite Carterknowle Rd to the far side of the bridge. Still if they at least put the downside back in it's not so far to get home with shopping from Woodseats Tescos.

Earplugs? I can't be doing wiht those, too paranoid I'd not hear summat important like smoke alarms or burglars.

What do I want? For the work to be done during the day of course! Of course I realise I want doesn't get as the need to keep the traffic flowing trumps my need for a peaceful night.

Bus man -- no replacement bus stop -on the upside- say it's not so! It's a long way from opposite Carterknowle Rd to the far side of the bridge. Still if they at least put the downside back in it's not so far to get home with shopping from Woodseats Tescos.

Earplugs? I can't be doing wiht those, too paranoid I'd not hear summat important like smoke alarms or burglars.

The council have been considering divertingtraffic to the Archer Road junction to enable day-time working.in addition they are working over the Xmas period to get it finished for the New Year.

Am I the only one?

I've been waiting for them to fix the bridge and reinstate the bus stops for five years but damn is it a pain in the arse?!

So there doing this work from 8pm to 8am?

The council have been considering divertingtraffic to the Archer Road junction to enable day-time working.in addition they are working over the Xmas period to get it finished for the New Year.

They are working over the christmas period as this is the only time when trains aren't going to be running and i expect it is going to be very noisy in comparison to the couple of night time works there have been so far. I'd of thought as well any planned diversion via Archer road isn't a real prospect , more likely they'll simply close Woodseats road to all traffic apart from access.

Over Christmas the bridge is being demolished and a new one put in.

So there doing this work from 8pm to 8am?

I'm not sure what time they started last (Saturday) night but the noise stopped around 4 am -- so I'm thankful for that. Demolishing the whole bridge? Oh that's going to be horrible...

Earplugs are cheap. I guess the alternative is you never get the bridge done.

I'm not sure what time they started last (Saturday) night but the noise stopped around 4 am -- so I'm thankful for that. Demolishing the whole bridge? Oh that's going to be horrible...
I'm not sure they would normally be granted permission to work into the early hours in that type of location. Maybe they encountered a problem during their works that couldn't be left and meant they had to carry on working. It might be worth contacting one of SCC's Highways Coordinators to check what permissions they have regarding working hours.

The road signs said the bridge was going to be closed overnight and as it's a railway bridge I'd of thought the only criteria would be that they can only do the work whilst trains aren't running hence the longer closure over the three day xmas period. Might take a wander over there on xmas day just to see the work progressing but don't think the residents of the area are going to appreciate the noise especially on Rydal and Buttermere

The bridge closed at midnight as they had a sign stating that it would be closed from that time when I drove up Woodseats road at about 7.30pm. When I drove back down at 00:30 I had to drive round past the post office due to the closure of the bridge.