Works on Woodseats Road railway bridge MEGATHREAD

Anyone seen this?

Traffic lights now set up at bottom of Woodseats Road (as you go over the railway bridge) so that only one direction of traffic can pass at one time. Apparently it's a weak bridge so it can't take the weight anymore. Surely the long-term solution would be to fix the bridge/build a new one?

Gonna be fun at the rush hours when traffic is queuing OVER the bridge like it does at the moment, then the opposite direction can't get over.

Well done, Sheffield Council :thumbsup::loopy:

I remember at least 50 years ago that the state of the bridge was discussed in the sheffield star about par for the course for those that are in the council

About right, yes i have seen them, looks like this bridge will be like the old bridge on the rotherham/sheffield border at orgreave. what makes this one worse at bottom of woodseats road isat rush hour, traffic is going to back up to the junction with abbeydale road casuing even more problems, typical heffield council, if onlythey could learn a leason from rotherham council on how to run a proper council cheap and effectively!

About right, yes i have seen them, looks like this bridge will be like the old bridge on the rotherham/sheffield border at orgreave. what makes this one worse at bottom of woodseats road isat rush hour, traffic is going to back up to the junction with abbeydale road casuing even more problems, typical heffield council, if onlythey could learn a leason from rotherham council on how to run a proper council cheap and effectively!

proper cheap and effective is not on the agenda for scc

About right, yes i have seen them, looks like this bridge will be like the old bridge on the rotherham/sheffield border at orgreave.

That's the one! I didn't say anything as couldn't remember the name of the area - that one doesn't seem a problem, but think Woodseats will be.

A) Going up Woodseats Rd queuing back onto Abbeydale Rd (which is bad enough on it's own)

B) Going towards Abbeydale Rd queuing back up Woodseats Rd.

People will start turning down Little London Rd to get towards town, blocking that up and causing the pot holes down there to be even worse!!!

whats betting they make it no entry to little london or alternative no right turn coming down woodsets road

whats betting they make it no entry to little london or alternative no right turn coming down woodsets road

what's betting I'd throttle them :hihi:

They've closed part of my route to work with closing Myrtle Rd for 2wks, or part of it... Maybe they shouldn't pass me too close with this!

Anyone seen this?

Traffic lights now set up at bottom of Woodseats Road (as you go over the railway bridge) so that only one direction of traffic can pass at one time. Apparently it's a weak bridge so it can't take the weight anymore. Surely the long-term solution would be to fix the bridge/build a new one?

This rather large thread on the subject has been running for the last 4 months.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=140407

Ive been told today that you can expect delays of up to 15 mins on the Route 75 & 76:rant:

Ive been told today that you can expect delays of up to 15 mins on the Route 75 & 76:rant:

Yea but if route 75 and 76 buses run about every 15 minutes it shouldn't make any difference!:huh:

Just a thought....has anyone any suggestions for what can be done with the bridge? If it is unstable for x2 lanes of traffic then it would need to be rebuilt which would mean closing the road and the railway while it was rebuilt costing thousands and meaning that people would have to find alternative routes home.

Did they have any other options available except for making it x1 lane?

If you have any ideas then maybe you could pass them onto the Council...they may have a suggestion box:wow: