Cross of Light temple, Walkley

beefface

Does anyone know anything about this strange 'pseudo religious' cult/organisation based on South Rd, Walkley? I found them by accident on the internet, they appear also to have a sub group called 'The Sons of Amos Brierley' (crazy name, crazy guys!) and apparently worship at 'sacred' sights around the Sheffield area, is it just one big p*** take?

.......... they appear also to have a sub group called 'The Sons of Amos Brierley' .....

How hard is it?

The Sons of Amos Brearley

63 pages, A4. 9 black and white illustrations

A work of occult literary fiction describing the activities of a post-modern pseudo-Masonic magical order

How hard is it?

The Sons of Amos Brearley

63 pages, A4. 9 black and white illustrations

A work of occult literary fiction describing the activities of a post-modern pseudo-Masonic magical order

I assume it's some kind of parody cult. Amos Brierley (sic) is a character from Emmerdale.

It's clearly all nonsense.

Why can't people follow religions that believe in sensible things?

Such as:

A garden with two people in, who are the antecedents of all humanity.

A talking snake.

A bad storm and a really big boat with lots of animals.

A bloke who could part the sea with a stick.

A virgin giving birth to a baby in a stable.

etc.

I don't think its a parody, there's pages upon pages of unfathomably bizarre text on the links.

Patrick Wood is one of those into occult, astral planes, majick and all that sort of stuff.

There is a world of similar folk out there and he is one that writes stuff and publishes stories as well as establishing "The Cross of Light Temple" which may well be virtual as opposed to an actual group of 'worshippers'.

The Sons of Amos Brearley is just one of his books ... a story based around a fictional "lodge" or "temple" (as in masonry) of that name.

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/magickal_journey_1_441242

• 5 months later...

Hi Beef.

There a bunch of misfits who hang around with each other talking Jesus and stuff.

I feel sorry for anyone who has to turn to any form of religion, be it a good one or a bad one because they are too weak to deal with everyday situations by themselves.

Hope this helps.

JM

Archived