Can you recommend an LCD TV Repair place?

Hi Sheffield Forum,

My Mums LCD TV stopped working last week and she opted to buy a new one rather than repair it - and since its SO much bigger/better/nicer than my own, i've taken it off her hands to try and get it repaired!

Can anyone recommend or suggest a place that may be able to fix it? I've Googled, as you do, but the places it suggests are national companies and i cant even get through to the numbers.

The problem with the TV is that when you plug it in, the standy light comes on, but when you try to put it on it just goes off completely. So theres obviously power getting to it somehow.. it just doesnt want to come on!

Its a 40" LG.

Any help or advice appreciated. :)

have a look on LG's website for local authorised service agents

Hi Sheffield Forum,

My Mums LCD TV stopped working last week and she opted to buy a new one rather than repair it - and since its SO much bigger/better/nicer than my own, i've taken it off her hands to try and get it repaired!

Can anyone recommend or suggest a place that may be able to fix it? I've Googled, as you do, but the places it suggests are national companies and i cant even get through to the numbers.

The problem with the TV is that when you plug it in, the standy light comes on, but when you try to put it on it just goes off completely. So theres obviously power getting to it somehow.. it just doesnt want to come on!

Its a 40" LG.

Any help or advice appreciated. :)

it will be psu thats gone theres a place next to don valley that do lcd repairs or if your brave you could buy psu of fleebay around £80 quid and fit it yourself

i had mine repaired at a place in chesterfield just off the whiitington moor roundabout at the bottom of whittington hill by the railway bridge, the repair cost around £80 but i tried the place next to don valley who quoted £130, worth the 30min trip to chesterfield

Try Real Electronics next to Don Valley Stadium.

Thank you so much to everyone that replied, i'll do some ringing round. :)

Try Williams of Woodseats. They have a repair centre upstairs, and are really helpful.