Roofer recommendations megathread - NO JOBS, ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

My only recommendation is not to use Dalton roofing. We came home to find out back gate left open with dog in garden open to the street. When we pointed out this danger we got days of cigarette buts chucked in our garden and then the tiles on the side of out roof all messed up so badly that two have broken. Unless you want your neighbours treated like this I suggest you avoid them.

Hello

Im looking to get a complete re-roof and Dalton are coming in best so far. Has anyone used them or recommend them?

Hello

Im looking to get a complete re-roof and Dalton are coming in best so far. Has anyone used them or recommend them?

keep looking around if I were you

I recently wanted a few tiles replaced, got told I needed a complete new roof by some!!!!!and several quotes upto £300 to replace the missing tiles.

I found a bloke who replaced the 5 tiles for £30, it took him 15 mins at most, he did it while rained off on another job in the area

Bargain

Edited by BIGDINNERS

Sadly I had a similar experience with Dalton's. They're the only firm we've used on our house that I definitely wouldn't recommend.

Could anyone recommend a roofer to look at the flashing around my chimney on my terrace in S6?

Thanks.

I'd also advise to avoid Dalton Roofing.

We had them round before Christmas to remove an already capped off chimney stack because it was leaking badly. For a few months we thought it was sorted and got them to re-point and re-flash our main chimney stack too. They did a bad job on that which we got them back to sort out, but with this rain we've just had I can see they're both still leaking (stains coming through onto plasterboard in loft conversion).

Very annoyed, but I'm just going to get someone else to come and sort it.

I've not had a full read through of the thread yet, but any recommendations for someone who won't mess me around are welcome! I'm in S61, thanks.

Edited by Spaceghost

Hi

We are in the process of buying a house. It is quite old and our home buyers survey has pointed out a few issues- one of them being the roof. We are trying to get quotes/ estimates in order to make a decision on the purchase but struggling with getting anybody to go and see it or people just dont answer their phones....

It is a small semi detached, with some tiles needing repair (survey says- may be necessary for the tiles to be fully replaced) Im getting a bit stressed now as cannot get an estimate + we need to make a decision on the sale pretty soon. If this is going to cost several thousand then we might not be able to complete the purchase :( Has anybody got any contact for a good roofer who will be able to provide us with a quote within the next few days? Thanks

Hi

We are in the process of buying a house. It is quite old and our home buyers survey has pointed out a few issues- one of them being the roof. We are trying to get quotes/ estimates in order to make a decision on the purchase but struggling with getting anybody to go and see it or people just dont answer their phones....

It is a small semi detached, with some tiles needing repair (survey says- may be necessary for the tiles to be fully replaced) Im getting a bit stressed now as cannot get an estimate + we need to make a decision on the sale pretty soon. If this is going to cost several thousand then we might not be able to complete the purchase :( Has anybody got any contact for a good roofer who will be able to provide us with a quote within the next few days? Thanks

Hi, we ended up getting quite a few quotes which varied massively in price. From 6000-11000 for a complete new roof plus windows. The people who did our roof weren't great. Good job to start but left some broken tiles which we are still trying to get fixed.

Try john Arnold. Not got his number to hand, google him, think he lives a crosspool. He came recommended and gave a quote, I really liked him.

If not paisley roofing, very professional, would have loved to have used them but were expensive

Hi, we ended up getting quite a few quotes which varied massively in price. From 6000-11000 for a complete new roof plus windows. The people who did our roof weren't great. Good job to start but left some broken tiles which we are still trying to get fixed.

Try john Arnold. Not got his number to hand, google him, think he lives a crosspool. He came recommended and gave a quote, I really liked him.

If not paisley roofing, very professional, would have loved to have used them but were expensive

Thanks lohm, who were the people you were not happy with? Just as precaution ;)

Thanks lohm, who were the people you were not happy with? Just as precaution ;)

It was a recommendation we had from here. Just someones name, will check paperwork for company name and let you know.

Stick to companies. Avoid dalton roofing. My friend had a bad experience.

Hi Can anyone recommend any one to replace gutters and soffits in Beighton? Thanks