Roofer recommendations megathread - NO JOBS, ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

Joe Stone Roofing Ltd

64 Church Lane

North Wingfield

Chesterfield

Derbyshire

S42 5HS

My experience with this company has not been good. They replaced a hip roof on a detached bungalow in 2010. First I could not get them to start until I was at the point of cancelling the order and starting someone else. At that point they put scaffolding up that looked very dangerous indeed. They broke asbestos cement soffit and left bits all over the garden and did not bag up properly. The whole site was an appalling mess and was not supervised adequately at all. Joe Stone was rarely on site. Now three years on ridge tiles have started to crack and I am trying to get them back to honour their ten year guarantee. They have made promises for months but I am still waiting. I would never use them again and hope nobody else has to suffer what I a suffered and still am.

Yet another example of why recommendations are far safer than choosing a tradesman just because he belongs to a trade body (for which he pays).

Mod note

Once again:-

FOR QUOTES PLEASE PLACE AN AD IN THE "JOBS" SECTION IN CLASSIFIED.

---------- Post added 19-03-2014 at 21:23 ----------

Plain talker.. I'll try again... Can anyone recommend a roofer to do my ridges? Is that ok? 2 posts on this page are asking the same so that should not bother you.

Edited by Plain Talker

I can recommend A H Roofing - based around North Sheffield as great for roofing. Just had a new roof on early 1900's semi - at fair price, turned up when agreed, got the job done really quickly, quick - no hassle - really, really pleased with them. website here :- http://ahroofandbuild.co.uk/

Mod note.

Auntbuddy,

Asking for recommendations is fine. As pointed out both times, it's asking for quotes that is not allowed. Under Forum T's and C's, quotes must be requested in the classified section, under "Jobs".

Mod note.

Auntbuddy,

Asking for recommendations is fine. As pointed out both times, it's asking for quotes that is not allowed. Under Forum T's and C's, quotes must be requested in the classified section, under "Jobs".

what about cleaning up all the 'I'll give you a quote' posts as well so it's easy to find recommendations?

I am needing a new roof in S7, including a dormer window, gutters and a couple of velux windows. Any recommendations for roofers welcome! We have had a couple of quotes but massive difference in price.

Highly Recommend Alliance Roofing, just done re-roof on mine, clean, tidy done a FAB Job!!!

I would like to recommend I asked for a roofer on here and went with who I thought to be the most professional ( not the cheapest) and I was very pleased with the work carried out, as we're my neighbours as I saw him on there roof today.

Thanks for the prompt service

A satisfied customer

Edited by Auntbuddy

Mark Nield at Top Tile Roofing. Did some jobs on our roof, flashing and chimney for a very reasonable price. Quick, knowledgeable and friendly. Highly recommended.

0114 234 2190

Mark Nield at Top Tile Roofing. Did some jobs on our roof, flashing and chimney for a very reasonable price. Quick, knowledgeable and friendly. Highly recommended.

0114 234 2190

Thanks for your recommendation but we have now chosen a company whose work we have viewed and was recommended.