Roofer recommendations megathread - NO JOBS, ADVERTISING OR QUOTES

Hi did u get a roofer to replace your ridge tiles if so who did you use and were they any good , also what sort of price is it.

Iv been let down by builders who didn't turn up to do the job

Thanks

Who are you asking here?

I used a bloke called Zac at http://www.Inspired-roofing.co.uk 07525048409

Brilliant job.

Every job I assume is going to have it's own price, and his seemed middle of the road. For the length of time it took him to complete the job, a good 3 or 4 hours, put it this way, telephone engineers are a LOT more expensive :rolleyes:

Hi, I need to get somebody to look at my house roof as there seems to be some damp in the loft space. The roof's generally in good condition, I suspect that the problem may be due to the flashing / tiles around the chimney. Can anybody recommend a contractor please? I live in S12. Thanks.

Inspired roofing 07525048409

Can anyone recommend a good roofer to quote for a new roof on my semi at Lodgemoor

I've had a lot of problems with Dalton's - I would not recommend them.

My Mum's had work done by Dalton roofing,never again, wouldn't recommend them but had some done by on the level roofing 07912891923 or 07809447974 .

My Mum's had work done by Dalton roofing,never again, wouldn't recommend them but had some done by on the level roofing 07912891923 or 07809447974 .

I second on the level roofing cracking lads lee and john :)

WP builders of high green just done mine full re roof both sides on large(ish) detached £3000 done in two days they were spot on ! Not sure of number was recommended to me but sure they'll be in phone book

We have a problem with our roof and asked a company recommended by Sheffield Forumers to come have a look. The guy who came out turned out to be from a different company, a mate of the original guy.

Seemed OK, and his price was fine, but we were just curious whether anyone had experience with this company, Ashforth Roofing.

hi Dozer,

not had any work done by him personally yet but a couple of my close friends have and have highly recommended him to me, they've been very pleased with the work he's done for them and the price was right too, very competitive apparently.

hope this helps

My partner bought a vicalam house a few years ago, unfortunatly they are not the best and the roof is now leaking which is coming through the ceiling.

We are looking for good recoomendations from people who have had something similar and obviously not overly priced.

Sheffield Council are not interested in recoomending anyone because "it's not their problem" We did not ask them to fix it but for some pointers of who we could contact, helpful as ever.

Thanks in advance.

Mod note:-

As there is a well advertised and well signposted thread for all things roofing-related, which should have come up as a "prompt" when you started your duplicate thread:-

Threads merged.

Please use the search facility before posting a new thread.

thanks

My mum is having her bungalow re roofed, its an old two bed detached one (quite large with a bay window) with a chimney stack on the top which is being removed, and a garage on the side which is also being re roofed...how much would it cost to have it all re felted and re tiled and the chimney stack removed.? i am not wanting any quotes guys, just a rough ball park figure, she has had a quote form a roofer which i think is expensive, but she insists she wants him to do the job, i just wondered if she was getting ripped off..:huh: