Suffer with high blood pressure.

i only have to see the nurse get the blood pressure gauge out and i can feel mine rising, its a pity that in my trousers didn,t rise as fast:o

Thing is my life style has changed, I have lost 2 stone, I eat really well now, I have a cleaning job which is 24 hours a week and I take the dog out every day for exercise, I never add salt to cooking, I dont eat ready meals, or crisps, I am however on the pill which is why they monitor my blood pressure. Its been up before but never felt like this, I am getting over a cold and cough so this could be a contributing factor. Its definately not panic attacks cos I have suffered from them in the past and take an antidepressant which I have been on for the last 4 years. Maybe its just the stress of everyday life, I wasnt stressed until I found out I had high blood pressure but I am now so its a vicious circle I guess. Im trying allsorts, aromatherapy oils, deep breathing. Im babysitting my niece tomorrow and if that doesnt make my blood pressure any higher then I dont know what will lol. I will be back at them docs on Monday and see what they say. Probably just stressing over nowt, as usual.

The op's question doesnt really count for me as I dont "suffer" with hypertension, I just have it !! I take one 10mg ramipril a day for the rest of my life and it keeps the numbers down on the bp test.... When I was in hospital 2 years ago i had a reading of 172 over 116 which was really worrying :wow: I had doctors and nurses running all over the place but 5 minutes later it had returned to near normal 135 over 88..

As long as i take my daily tablet my life is as normal as it could be, just dont let stress get the better of you and the jobs a good un...:thumbsup:

I was diagnosed with high blood pressure at 35, been on medication for the last 12 years, Enalapril and Atenolol.

First heart attack in 1994...been on atenolol ever since and Enalapril..It helps

now on wafarin to stop blood clots and break clots down...had 5 heart attacks bad ones into ICU...other small ones..not so bad...have sublingual with me all the time for emergencies..73 now and still going at it...One or two glasses red twice a week...no beer or cigarettes...watch my diet but not starving myself...Oh yes Cholestorol tablets as well.... Life only ends when the heart stops...Never give up until you no longer have the will to carry on,,

I'm 70 and went for my yearly WellMan check up,the wife is really upset the nurse said I could live another 30 yrs,everything was spot on and I don't do anything like dieting or vigorous excercise,I lose my temper easily,dont eat my five a day,but then again I dont eat a lot never drink or smoke,whats this I hear you lot saying,whats the point of living,ahh,the wife's thoughts entirely!!!!!

Ive had high blood pressure for 12 years now, Im currently taking 3 types of tablets daily Amiloride 10mg, Amplodine 10mg and Doxazosin 16mg. It started after I had my youngest child and has just never gone back to normal.

I suffer with high blood pressure and on tablets,ive recently packed in smoking,can anyone tell me the right foods to eat to keep my blood pressure down and i need t lose weight.

the doc told me that altering your diet has very little effect. its more to do with family history. but its the obvious things like cutting salt out, cut down on coffee and try and make sure you drink plenty of water. ohh and of course stop smoking, stop drinking alcohol, exercise for at least thirty minutes a day. dont push yourself too hard though, i do sometimes and end up on the floor with bad chest pains. just take it easy

I suffer with high blood pressure and on tablets,ive recently packed in smoking,can anyone tell me the right foods to eat to keep my blood pressure down and i need t lose weight.

Eat plenty of fruit and veg, fish and stay away from fried/junk food. Do a food diary as well to keep track what you eat. Keep doing this for 21 days and you will get used to it.

On the say so from your doctor, go swimming too and build your fitness... but get the nod from your doctor that's important.

Keep a food and fitness diet and meditate and self hypnosis such as listening to cds are good.

Hi there

It's great that you have given up smoking and diet is important. You might like to take a look at this new programme for help with high blood pressure - The Hypnotensionâ„¢ programme. It is a one-to-one therapy run by qualified practitioners which looks at the emotional and lifestyle factors which contribute to high blood pressure and helps you with all of them.

Your progress is carefully monitored over the course of treatment and it can be tailored to your individual needs. If you are interested in finding out more then you can email or phone me [email protected] or phone 07900 888112.

best wishes and good health

ann

http://www.wellthought.co.uk

the doc told me that altering your diet has very little effect. its more to do with family history.

Utter crap.

Make sure you pack up the fags, preferably the booze and change your diet to rice with mostly veg but a little meat.

Then take up a light martial art such as tai chi and learn how to control your body.

A decent instructor will teach you the ability to control your heart rate and blood pressure as my doctor was somewhere past shocked to find out.

I'd had an accident one day but was in a rush to get moving to do a job.

it was just a few stitches in my head so I wanted him to get off his fat arse and be a doctor so I could get on with what I wanted to do.

That 'well man' rubbish was all the rage at that time so the quack insisted on taking my BP.

Of course it was high; I was running around like a silly bugger to get the job done so, upon his comment about it "Being a little high", I turned it down and asked him if that was better.

He looked like a goldfish with an especially stupid expression.

You can also have fun with the electronic BP machines. They can't handle the up/down changes you'll learn to do.

****** the quacks off no end.

eat atleast two or three bananas a day

cut down salt

do 30-45 mins execises atleast 5 days a week + jogging or running

eat 5 types of fruits a day (Apple, pear, some grapes, melon, strawberry etc)

take the life easy....don't take it seriously...the truth is you never escape it a live -:)

I am sure you will succeed....tc