Harold Shipman found dead in cell

Originally posted by Sidla

It's quite a tragic world when people don't have pity for the sick.

Show me someone with aids, cancer, alzeimers (sp?), or another incurable disease and i'll pity them.

Harold shipman MAY have had a psychological problem but he KNEW what he was doing and he KNEW it was wrong, so do all other serial killers. They enjoy the killing, it gives them a buzz.

Read some of the books I have and you may learn a thing or two.

I don't have pity for serial killers cos they are RESPONSIBLE for their actions. They make concious decisions to kill.

I was listening to Radio 2 yesterday and it was said by someone (I didn't catch who) that Shipman showed no remorse for his crimes because in his own mind he didn't believe he'd done anything wrong.

With this in mind he probably suffered overwhelming feelings of personal disgrace and anguish after being jailed and socially destroyed, having no option other than to take his own life since society had turned against him just for doing what he thought was his right as a GP.

If this was the case then yup, he was more than a little disturbed. :loopy:

Not that anyone is ever likely to know what was going on inside Shipman's mind but, given the fact he was a far from stupid man who knew he was unlikely to ever be released, his suicide looks to me like the final two fingered gesture.

I feel sympathy for the families and friends of his victims as they feel robbed of any chance now of him actually admitting what he did let alone why.

I feel for his family too - also victims.

I was interested to hear that the Times reported the fact that Shipman's newly widowed wife is to recieve a pension and a cash lump sum of around £100k after the demise of her former partner.

What interests me is not the fact that she's getting this money, but the fact that a newspaper seems to see this as a story worthy of the public's attention.

Why is this?

The pension and payments made to a GP's widow in the normal course of things is never mentioned in the press, does the fact that Shipman was a serial-killer mean that his widow (who had no knowledge of his crimes) should not be entitled to this cash?

Do the press now intend to take out their frustrations on the man's innocent family in the aftermath of his suicide?

Originally posted by Belle

I am with Carmine on this

Why should Mrs S not get what any other widow gets, just because her husband was a serious criminal

She didnt do it

However the report also states that Shipman would not have received his pension had he lived - his NHS pension entitlement had been stripped, therefore why should his widow receive it?

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Harold shipman MAY have had a psychological problem but he KNEW what he was doing and he KNEW it was wrong, so do all other serial killers. They enjoy the killing, it gives them a buzz.

Read some of the books I have and you may learn a thing or two.

I don't have pity for serial killers cos they are RESPONSIBLE for their actions. They make concious decisions to kill.

So you are saying anyone who is in their right mind could be a serial killer?

I agree that Shipman is quite an extreme case because he apparently showed no remorse for any of his crimes. However you still must have a psychological disorder do what he did, wether he knew what he was doing or not.

No that's not what I'm saying or said.

What I am saying is who are we to judge what the 'right' mind is.

Given the psyche of primal human beings and the fact we are all animals. But we're straying from the subject.

What I am saying is I dont pity serial killers cos they know what they are doing and ejoy it.

Read this book to start you off. It gives an insight into the minds of serial killers. On some you get childhood issues that link into why some people become serial killers.

It's a very good read!

No, I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Shipman only enjoyed killing because he had a psychological problem.

As for 'who are we to judge what the right mind is', we're not, which is why I'm not passing judgement on Shipman, which is what you and most others seem to be doing.

Archived