Dog sitter required

I am looking for a dog sitter who I can take my dog to stay with at their home in South Yorkshire. Someone who likes dogs, has an understanding of them and has an appropriate house and garden.

My wonderful dog is 9months old at the moment and is very well behaved, sweet and obedient. She has been fully trained and has commands, she does not jump up nor has she ever displayed aggresion, she likes to sleep a lot after a walk and will be a pleasure to look after.

Boarding kennels are not an option for us as she likes human contact, walks and kennels would just not suit her.

The dog is fully insured and has all vaccinations, microchipped etc...

There would be ad hoc weekends throughout and possibly a week twice a year.

If there is anyone who either provides this service, or who can recommend someone please contact me in the first instance.

Thank you

Edited by fridayfeelin

What breed is it / size of dog? Someone might be able to look after a small dog only..

what area are you in?

what breed of dog?

Edited by jennycakes
typo

hi . i would have offered to help but under my license terms not allowed to take pups under 12 months of age. you might find it difficult with any one who is fully licensed due to her age. home boarding license which i have states this . there is a lot of folk out there with out the appropriate license and insurance . who advertise and un beknown to them are breaking the law . i would try and find a sitter who may be could come and live at your home with the dog until she is a little older . there are some good sitters out there with all the right things in place references etc .i know you state you didnt want a boarding kennel . but corrina at croft kennels is top and the dogs are her priority and i would thoroughly recommend her . good luck and hope you find some one suitable and i am sure you will:):):)

hi . i would have offered to help but under my license terms not allowed to take pups under 12 months of age. you might find it difficult with any one who is fully licensed due to her age. home boarding license which i have states this . there is a lot of folk out there with out the appropriate license and insurance . who advertise and un beknown to them are breaking the law . i would try and find a sitter who may be could come and live at your home with the dog until she is a little older . there are some good sitters out there with all the right things in place references etc .i know you state you didnt want a boarding kennel . but corrina at croft kennels is top and the dogs are her priority and i would thoroughly recommend her . good luck and hope you find some one suitable and i am sure you will:):):)

You may find someone , if they have a homeboarding licence they have to display a current one which runs from November 2011 until october 2012.

also by June the pup will be 12 months so won't be a problem.

Edited by teeny
mis spelt

Thank you for all the replies and advice!

I live in S8 and hoping to find someone to have my dog at their house. I am making a list of contacts now and trying to visit.

My dog is 10 months old (she will be 1 in March) she is a Staffordshire and is as soft as a teddy!! I would say she is medium and hasn't yet packed out with muscles, she still has a 'puppy head' which is very velvety!

She loves cuddles, long walks fetching sticks and whatnot and general playing about. I keep her under quite a lot of control in the house and have regular play. When out for walk, she happily beside me and is very obedient, I wouldn't allow her to pull if she tried.

At night I never hear a peep from her providing, obviously, she has been out for the loo before she goes to bed. I have never heard her snarl, growl or show any kind of aggression as she is just not like that, I can truly say she is a star!

Regarding kennels, some people I speak to despise them, some like them and find their dog seems happy to stay in them. Personally, I'd like my dog to be able to have someone around the majority of the time as she likes human contact and I wouldn't like the thought of her spending hours alone in a cage with other dogs barking etc....I just don't feel right about it.

Have u thought about mutlins? It's at gleadless I believe and many have recommended it