Which teacher used to scare you most ?

No one to compare with Killer Johnson at High Storrs in the 50`s and 60`s

Never raised his voice but there was something about him that terrified you. Having said that, his record of getting passes in history was unsurpassed.

One Christmas the class decided to buy presents for the masters, a kipper for Mr. Herring etc. Killer had been observed always sucking mints ans we bought a packet of humbugs. For a brief unguarded second we saw his human side as he was quite touched by this and explained to us he was chewing to give up smoking

No one to compare with Killer Johnson at High Storrs in the 50`s and 60`s

Never raised his voice but there was something about him that terrified you. Having said that, his record of getting passes in history was unsurpassed.

One Christmas the class decided to buy presents for the masters, a kipper for Mr. Herring etc. Killer had been observed always sucking mints ans we bought a packet of humbugs. For a brief unguarded second we saw his human side as he was quite touched by this and explained to us he was chewing to give up smoking

Beg to differ with you somewhat, aramis. Killer Johnson maintained discipline in the classroom but I didn't find him terrifying. Monty Beaumont the gym teacher and Griffin, the French teacher - now they were a different kettle of fish. Monty played noughts and crosses on kids' bare chests with his finger nail, blew cigarette smoke in their faces, and flicked his key ring at bare chests. He once gave me a black eye. As for Griffin, if you saw him coming down the corridor toward you, you turned around and went the other way. He was truly terrifying.

MRS BARRON BIRLEY JUNIORS...FORMALLY MISS VAUGHN..she taught french and she hated me!!! no idea why :confused:

i was so scared of her, i even remember her car reg no plate!!! as soon as i saw her car on a morning i felt physically sick

Ma staines at ecclesfield comp,whoo she was scary.

her and josh king scared pupils s***less!

Colin Robert Wilmshurst, former headmaster of Westbourne.

There was a lad at Gleadless Valley called Steve Gill (Ligger) who used to scare the teachers! It looked like a night club doorman had found a school blazer and wandered into school!!!

Mrs Cooper at King Teds. Didn't matter where she was if you were doing anything wrong she'd see you. We called her Hawk Eye.:hihi:

Second post in - and someone mentios "Mrs Cooper"...!!! Not bad going!!!! :hihi: :hihi:

I remember being in Broomhill at lunchtime - we weren't allowed to eat in the street, if you remember - and one of my friends decided to take a sneaky bite of the sandwich she'd just bought.....

The next thing we heard was Ma Cooper bellowing behind us.. As we turned round in fear and trepidation, she was reducing this poor 4th year kid to dust and creating a scene on Broomhill main road because he'd opened a packet of crisps!!!! :hihi: :hihi:

Miss Leach at Monteney Juniors - pure evil

and

Oggy Jennet at Ecco Grammar - Piggy-faced, autocratic, condescending, nasty, arrogant, patronising, malevolent little Hitler

Edited by mr_blue_owl
typo

Beg to differ with you somewhat, aramis. Killer Johnson maintained discipline in the classroom but I didn't find him terrifying. Monty Beaumont the gym teacher and Griffin, the French teacher - now they were a different kettle of fish. Monty played noughts and crosses on kids' bare chests with his finger nail, blew cigarette smoke in their faces, and flicked his key ring at bare chests. He once gave me a black eye. As for Griffin, if you saw him coming down the corridor toward you, you turned around and went the other way. He was truly terrifying.

He sure did, and, looking back, he was a damn good teacher, but to an 11 year old facing that red face staring at you and calling you a "great soft thing" I found terrifying.

I agree Monty was a sadist

Now Griff, I had a lot of time for. I think , until you were taught by him his presence was daunting, but in class he could be fun wit his war stories. He was a bighead, but I liked him, he had a real sense of humour and a man`s man. When were you there ....me...58 - 65

Teachers who terrified me ....In the early 60s Annes Road Heeley, Mr Goulding (Lurch) total terror!! . Four years on, most of the female teachers at Newfield Girls School...... Namely Mrs McPhun the Geography teacher, came tops at number one ,as she wrote on my report "Works well when present" , despite me having a lot of time off school with an illness , spending time at hospitals and physio, then working really hard to catch up on all subjects and acquiring top marks in the end of year Geography, science, English, RK, house craft. Mrs Fletcher, Mrs Hughes & Mrs Quinlan were also nasty people but they have to settle for second place !! I have wanted to get this off my chest for 46 bloody years now , and finally DONE IT! WHHHAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Come on, Newfield girls from 65-69 You know who I mean!! Having quote the terrors........ there were some nice ones........... Mrs Camblan, Mrs nelson, Mr Batty (the only male teacher at the time) , Mrs Lawton .

Regards,

maxiesmum