Etouch/ipad which is best

charlie9865

Was wondering which would you recommend as being the best.

I got my son the etouch pad for 100 pound at toys are us, to me it looks same as the ipad and does same sort of thing.

Is there a difference and which would you rate.??

Just asking as I want one and not sure which is best or what difference is??

Oh dear I have the etouch for the kids. It's not for games , it lags on films , it lags on the net.

Mine has a custom rom installed to make it faster !!!!

It's crap and don't even entertain it honestly.

The pad can just about handle tetris but stutters , but not enough to spoil it. The machine has a weedy 125htz CPU and 128mb ram and a 2gb flash drive. for the spec and the money it's better buyin a £25 made in china one from eBay.

I bought one of the ePads (under a different name, but actually the same thing) last year, with the intention of giving it as a Christmas present to my parents. After testing it I sent it back after a week.

They are literally worthless - the build quality is extremely poor, they run painfully slowly, the screen is awful to look at and unresponsive, there is no multi touch control, useless for game playing, wifi reception is rubbish, battery life is terrible -everything about these machines is useless.

Right now there are loads of better devices for not much more - the Vega and Hannspree tablets are good, the Archos/Arnova ones are decent too - you might even consider the Blackberry Playbook for £160 (the next update should give it Android app support soon).

Avoid the epad at all costs - or anything that has a 'resistive' screen - these will all be the same machine with a different name on the box.

My personal choice, if you can afford it, would be the iPad (a used 1st Gen is only about £200)- or to wait for the Amazon Fire or rumoured Google Nexus Tablet - I would expect the to be aggressively priced which should have a knock on effect on the rest.

Edited by ElasticMan

The etouch pads should be removed from sale in my opinion or slashed to about £25.

I am a noob to tablet computers but ended up finding a great 10" budget android for £150, have a look at this thread for my choice and other recommendations.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=907543

Better yet, save your money as superior machines will come down in price as new ones are produced.

(posted this from phone and can't mask the link)

Edited by RootsBooster
typo error

My uncle has just got the archos 7 which is a very nippy little thing and is about same price as the etouch.

The 7 inch pads are ok but ideally you want the 10" or as close to it as it does make a world of difference.

I have the original iPad I got from 3 when they were a tiny £75 ! Since we bought ours the whole PC useage has gone, sold PC and laptop as we never use them.

iPad connects to hdtv and we watch tv like I player on the HDTV. We also can play games on the HDTV , watch music channels etc....

It honestly changed our computer useage habits to the point where a pc seems alien to us now.

Was wondering which would you recommend as being the best.

I got my son the etouch pad for 100 pound at toys are us, to me it looks same as the ipad and does same sort of thing.

Is there a difference and which would you rate.??

Just asking as I want one and not sure which is best or what difference is??

Did you do any research before you bought the etouch? Or was it an impulse purchase?

Regards,

A

Did you do any research before you bought the etouch? Or was it an impulse purchase?

Regards,

A

When I bought one I went off the reviews on Amazon - there were about 150 4 and 5 star reviews. People claiming they were as good as, or even BETTER than iPads....

So I bought one to see what it was like (and to give as present if it was any good). All I can say is that those people who wrote 5 star reviews on Amazon are very easily impressed. I can't begin to describe how poor these machines are... I sent mine back after a week.

I already have an iPad, and numerous Android phones - these cheap tablets are no where near as good as any of them.

£100 on one of these is £100 wasted.