Less than £2 a pint boozers ?

apart from all the wetherspoons can anyone please tell me where there's pubs that are less than £2 a pint, so i don't have to carry on going in the pheasant to get rat arsed ??

The SHEAF on Bramall Lane £1.70 a pint. Fantastic!

Sheaf prices are extremely low now.

There's a few others doing same prices as them too.

The Church Inn at Uppermill. Some beers at £1.20 a pint.

Look it up on the net.

Is the Brown Bear still that cheap? Haven't been in there in yonks if I'm honest.

whats your tipple? the fox and hounds at fox hill have real ale at £1.79 and all the usual lagers at £2

Nags Head at Bradfield are £1.95 a pint.

Nags Head at Bradfield are £1.95 a pint.

Bradfield? You mean Loxley I think? To be precise, it's called "Stacey Bank" that area.

The beer prices there are escalating rapidly then because I remember going in a few months ago and it had just gone up to £1.80, from £1.70. The good thing about this place though is that all the beers are the same price. So you can drink a 6% ale for the same price as a 3% one. Even at £1.95 that's still quite a bargain - especially for that quality of ale.

Is the Brown Bear still that cheap? Haven't been in there in yonks if I'm honest.

unlikely if its anything like what's happened in london. £2.72 for the bitter. difference used to be around 50p between north/south.

The price of the beer doesn't influence where I drink it.

First and foremost is the quality of the ale and then the type of surroundings I supppose.

So, I'd prefer the Sheaf View at Heeley to the Sheaf House on Brammal lane any day of the week. Big range of really well kept real ales. The only disadvantage is that it is heaving on match days and getting served can take ages.

Samuel Smiths pubs are cheap and the beer is great but I can only think of 2 in Sheffield The Brown Bear in town and The Old Mother Redcap in Bradway might be more though!