Can you help me with my curry issue?

Lockjaw

Just Curries, Cumin Spice (had bad lamb from there though) & Spice Villa on City Road are all good. Cutler's Spice is nice too. Induz at Atterclife always used to be good. Zaika at Attercliffe was good, but only open daytime. Chamin on the Wicker used to be good, but it's changed now, haven't tried the new place. Butler's Balti House is OK.

East & South East Sheffield seems better for curries. You could also try the bottom of Chesterfield Road, few places there.

I have to second the Just Curries recommendation, had the best curries of my life from there, better than any restaurant I've visited. Everything is superb & seems fresh there, great lamb, fish & prawns too.

---------- Post added 12-05-2013 at 00:31 ----------

3 1/2 years old this thread why do people answer threads that old.

The original poster brought it back.

Edited by anywebsite

Because, as Anywebsite said, I resurrected my own thread with a new, closely related question rather than start a new thread - as per the forum requirements.

HTH

Thanks to everyone for the serious answers and PMs. I'll try all the recommended ones as soon as I can. Should get through them all in a fortnight or so!

Edited by Lockjaw

Because, as Anywebsite said, I resurrected my own thread with a new, closely related question rather than start a new thread - as per the forum requirements.

You are to be commended lockjaw:thumbsup:

when I AM in Bolton, I'm too busy stuffing myself with decent meat and potato pies which one also can't get over here.
I prefer to gorge on a 'babby's yed' when I'm over there :D

---------- Post added 12-05-2013 at 20:36 ----------

Now then, I couldn't come up with 5 worst things about Sheffield but one thing that has pained me since I arrived here just over half my life ago is the chicken your curry houses use.

When I arrived here I was used to chicken that had the taste and texture of, well, chicken. Lovely strips of actual chicken. Here it seems to be some sort of compressed, water filled, chicken-like substance often appearing in cuboid form.

I don't know if this is the answer but I know many restaurants in Sheffield cook with chicken breast meat which is less fatty than thigh meat and has less flavour and is not as succulent in texture.

I don't know if this is the answer but I know many restaurants in Sheffield cook with chicken breast meat which is less fatty than thigh meat and has less flavour and is not as succulent in texture.

That might be the answer, if they use leg meat in curries in Bolton. I think all the curries I've had here have been breast meat.

You might find it at some of the cheaper places in Sheffield.

• 3 months later...