UPDATED: Supertram accident outside Cathedral - 10/12/2011

Hi, just a heads up to anyone travelling through Sheffield city centre, theres been an incident on High Street and for the time being no trams are running through there.............http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/disruptions.aspx?id=3129

A friend of mine in Town says someones been hit by a tram, hope no-ones seriously hurt :(

Its never good if somene gets hit by a tram so i dont hold out much hope if thats the case.

Hopefully its just a broken down bus or tram thats causing the delays.

Someone else has just told me the same, 6 police cars and 2 ambulances at the scene. Doesnt sound good

Tram services returned to normal, may still be some delays

Tram services returned to normal, may still be some delays

Thats correct, think things will pick up now.

Just got back form town now and still in shock. I must have missed it by seconds. I was walking past cutlers Hall just before, but realized I had gone the wrong way doubled back but through TK Max must have happened then. By the time I got to the top of fargate again I saw what I thought was a police car pulling over a tram. Thinking this was filming a drugs bust for Police interceptors I had a look. As soon as I saw the fortunate woman and the emergency services (Just a paramedic on a bike and a Lady from Boots at this point) I moved on! I was horrified though that there were some people standing around watching and eating free mince pies while a fellow human was dieing. Shame on you! Sorry thats wrong.

Edited by mrth

Just got back form town now and still in shock. I must have missed it by seconds. I was walking past cutlers Hall just before, but realized I had gone the wrong way doubled back but through TK Max must have happened then. By the time I got to the top of fargate again I saw what I thought was a police car pulling over a tram. Thinking this was filming a drugs bust for Police interceptors I had a look. As soon as I saw the fortunate woman and the emergency services (Just a paramedic on a bike and a Lady from Boots at this point) I moved on! I was horrified though that there were some people standing around watching and eating free mince pies while a fellow human was dieing. Shame on you! Sorry thats wrong.

I'm with you on this one,i was also in town when this happened,and there were people with small children stood around watching and "eating"their free mince pies,thought it was quite disrespectful,i know it's human nature to want to know what's happen but to try to get a good view is horrific,

I'm with you on this one,i was also in town when this happened,and there were people with small children stood around watching and "eating"their free mince pies,thought it was quite disrespectful,i know it's human nature to want to know what's happen but to try to get a good view is horrific,

I walked past twice after the incident, and rather than trying to get a 'good view' I was hoping to see that she was ok.

Thanks Like I said, I'm not self righteous, I when over and had a good old nosy myself it's human nature, but as soon as I saw it was somebody hurt and they were being looked after ( i know first aid so I would have offered help) I left the area, but carried the thought about it all day. I hope she is alive.

The lady fell off the platform and the tram stopped before hitting her. I was stood 10 yards away.

Hopefully all turns out good and the lady in question hasn't died but just cus someone looks alive and well when they are put into the ambulance by no means that everything is fine and dandy.

Id more intrested in knowing how she managed to get hit by a slow moving tram. Not wanting to jump to conclusions but many a time ive seen people who run across directly infront of the tram when crossing high st.

Well I was stood on the opposite platform when it happened and I was looking out for the Meadowhall tram so I missed the actual collision. However my daughter and the woman stood at the side of me say it was no way the drivers fault...