Getting scared to drive in Sheffield

would make your hair fall out, or turn grey.

too late for that all I got left is for my knob to drop off in shock:wow:

no doubt some police drivers are pillocks and your on the road more than me. I walk to work and drive mainly on Sundays. Yep, I'm one of them. No caravan though.

I do think the police do a smashing job and have never had a run in with any copper. I've always showed them the respect there position affords them and they've shown me the respect my rights allow me.

'd say drivers in Sheffield are getting ever more doddery. Countless times the last six months I've been stuck behind some clown doing 15-20 for 100's of meters.

Worse are the people sitting in the outside lane of a dual carriageway doing 38-39 because they are turning right in 2-3 miles. So selfish/useless.

Agree completely. Definitely more of these idiots than speeders on my travels

the roads are carrying extra traffic at this time of year. more traffic equals less patience. things should calm down after christmas

It scares me to think people like you might be on the same road as me at the same time.

Does it really?

I think people who get scared easily should go for more driver training so that they can properly deal with whatever comes when in a car.That way the rest of us can be safe.

If only drivers were retested perodically,people like you would be on the BUS!

I would pass ANY test in almost ANY vehicle,motorcycle,truck,bus or car or advanced, tommorrow without any revision or altering my driving,would YOU?

I know because ive DONE it!

The roundabout at Leppings Lane used to scare me when I was learning to drive. Now I'm used to it, but lately I have found myself being extra cautious; some drivers just don't obey the highway code basics. I turn right on the roundabout onto Leppings Lane, and find myself having to brake when drivers come sailing straight across in front of me., even though I was already on the roundabout and indicating correctly

I have seen the aftermath of two accidents there recently, one minor, one quite bad.

My personal "favourite" I think.

penistone rd to a tee :huh:

Does it really?

I think people who get scared easily should go for more driver training so that they can properly deal with whatever comes when in a car.That way the rest of us can be safe.

If only drivers were retested perodically,people like you would be on the BUS!

I would pass ANY test in almost ANY vehicle,motorcycle,truck,bus or car or advanced, tommorrow without any revision or altering my driving,would YOU?

I know because ive DONE it!

When some one else blows your trumpet the sound is much clearer.

Self praise is no praise.

The roundabout at Leppings Lane used to scare me when I was learning to drive. Now I'm used to it, but lately I have found myself being extra cautious; some drivers just don't obey the highway code basics. I turn right on the roundabout onto Leppings Lane, and find myself having to brake when drivers come sailing straight across in front of me., even though I was already on the roundabout and indicating correctly

I have seen the aftermath of two accidents there recently, one minor, one quite bad.

Do you go around the roundabout on the outside lane! if so you are in the wrong and people who are driving correctly will cut across the front of you.

You should take the inner ring and then indicate your exit.

When some one else blows your trumpet the sound is much clearer.

Self praise is no praise.

I know your right,but some people just have no clue,but they THINK they do!!

Agree with a lot of the comments on here,i drive nearly everyday and drivers are getting worse,not using indicators,ignoring box junctions ,driving too slow ,driving too fast,unable to judge width of their vehicle,tailgating,only one or no brake lights working,and my favourite sitting in the middle lane on the motorway.On a survey i read hardly anybody knew the national speed limits for single carriageways,dual carriageways,motorways,and didnt know it was decided in town by distance between streetlights.Im sure a lot of drivers have poor eyesight as well by the state of some of the driving ive seen at night.

I hope he gets a first in next years TT he certainly deserves it [WHAT A RIDER]

I love driving, I have had my licence over 30 years. I want to do 30 mph if I am in a 30 mph zone, it is 30 mph for a reason. I get in the correct lane, and wait patiently to get in the correct lane if it is really busy. Not once have I ever cut in front of someone because I was to lazy or impatient.

But now it seems it is everyman for themselves. I have seen the worst driving in the last couple of months since I have had my driving licence.

The yellow box, does anybody no what that is there for anymore. Seems not.

Roundabouts, not supposed to go on if you cant exist, no one does that. Just block it up, never no mind about anybody else.

Lane to turn left, go straight on or turn right, that seems out the window.

Why should they wait behind you when going straight on, when the can get in the lane turning right and just cut you up. Happened twice this week to me.

Am I in the minority with this?

I retire in about 10 years time I dont think I will be driving to work then. The roads will be even more dangerous.

Shame.

when you are turning out of the train station road . immediately in front , theres a yellow box and traffic lights. the amount of people inc bus drivers occupying that box and forcing people to miss their green light is rediculous.. it really gets to me. as does people not indicating ,,

Do you go around the roundabout on the outside lane! if so you are in the wrong and people who are driving correctly will cut across the front of you.

You should take the inner ring and then indicate your exit.

No, I use the roundabout correctly, approaching in the inside lane then staying to the inside, and indicate as necessary. These people are entering the roundabout and going straight on along Penistone Road, cutting in front of me. I've kind of got used to it now and look out for them.