Peace Gardens Christmas Market

Does anyone know if the market and ice rink are returning to the peace gardens this year. It was a lovely addition to the town centre last year and I hope that the council intends to do it again.

I hope the "Cadbury's hot chocolate with Baileys" stall is right next to my bus stop again!!!

Why do we have to put up with such a crappy christmas market.

The ones in Leeds and Manchester are waaay better.

No there isn't,that is last years website.

There is a market,grotto and bar on Fargate but no ice rink.

Go to Leeds or Manchester then.

I do. Every year.

Why do we have to put up with such a crappy christmas market.

The ones in Leeds and Manchester are waaay better.

I went to Manchester. It didn't impress me much. I wanted my five hours back!

I have bought a national magazine today with an article advertising "The UK's best Christmas markets, there are 4 recommended, manchester, gloucester, edinburgh, and sheffield, it says that the one in sheffield will have an ice rink and runs from 18th nov - 23rd dec, details can be found at sheffieldchristmasmarket.co.uk

No there isn't,that is last years website.

There is a market,grotto and bar on Fargate but no ice rink.

It's interesting that you put that.

I was of the impression that the site had not been updated since last year, also.

Regularly updated details of local markets, switch ons, grottos, Christmas Fairs, other local events, and lots more to help you plan a great Christmas in Sheffield can be found by clicking the link to SheffieldChristmas.com, in my signature.

It's interesting that you put that.

I was of the impression that the site had not been updated since last year, also.

Regularly updated details of local markets, switch ons, grottos, Christmas Fairs, other local events, and lots more to help you plan a great Christmas in Sheffield can be found by clicking the link to SheffieldChristmas.com, in my signature.

Your website doesn't give me much faith when you have got the wrong information for the City Centre switch on event.

Only a small switch on is on the Moor for kids with the tree being lit and kids entertainment at 15.00.

The main switch on event is in Barkers pool as it is every year with Mel C and others doing the deed at 17.00.