Events at Niche on 27th November.

Im just posting up here comments I put on another thread about Niche.

"Like it or loath it, lets face it Drugs are a major part of our society, for some people its recreational, for others its a necessity. These drugs are taken all over the city, and if any club recons they are drug free then they are wrong. As I believe someone on the thread has allready stated people smuggle drugs into the clubs, they will hide them in their underwear, down their socks, in their bras and in other even more undesirable locations. Unless you are going to physically strip search and do an internal body cavity search you will not find every bit of contraband entering a club.

Closing Niche will not stop people taking drugs, sure fine it will stop them taking them in Niche (If that has been the case), but does that actually achieve anything?. Are the 500 or so people who go there at the weekend suddenly going to stay at home at the weekend and stop taking drugs???

Would it not make more sence to encourage sensible Drug taking in a monitored and controlled enivironment? seeing as the battle to stop Drug taking appears to be floundering.

Until the government actually takles the Drug problem head on at the sources of the problem it will continue to thrive, it is part of our culture. The operation carried out at Niche at the weekend cost £400,000 of tax payers money and resulted in 12 arrests, some of which were for public order offences. Surely that 400,000 could have been better spent targeting the suppliers of drugs, rather than the end users?

In closing, if hypothetically, Niche is the only club in Sheffield with a Drug problem closing it will only force its cliental to frequent other venues in Sheffield, thus spreading rather than containing the problem. Is this a genuine solution?"

Couldnt the £400,000 have been more constructively used by helping Niche and all of the other clubs in Sheffield combat the Drug problem by working with them rather than against them?

Originally posted by NMD1

"Like it or loath it, lets face it Drugs are a major part of our society, for some people its recreational, for others its a necessity. These drugs are taken all over the city, and if any club recons they are drug free then they are wrong. As I believe someone on the thread has allready stated people smuggle drugs into the clubs, they will hide them in their underwear, down their socks, in their bras and in other even more undesirable locations. Unless you are going to physically strip search and do an internal body cavity search you will not find every bit of contraband entering a club.

Closing Niche will not stop people taking drugs, sure fine it will stop them taking them in Niche (If that has been the case), but does that actually achieve anything?. Are the 500 or so people who go there at the weekend suddenly going to stay at home at the weekend and stop taking drugs???

Would it not make more sence to encourage sensible Drug taking in a monitored and controlled enivironment? seeing as the battle to stop Drug taking appears to be floundering.

Until the government actually takles the Drug problem head on at the sources of the problem it will continue to thrive, it is part of our culture. The operation carried out at Niche at the weekend cost £400,000 of tax payers money and resulted in 12 arrests, some of which were for public order offences. Surely that 400,000 could have been better spent targeting the suppliers of drugs, rather than the end users?

In closing, if hypothetically, Niche is the only club in Sheffield with a Drug problem closing it will only force its cliental to frequent other venues in Sheffield, thus spreading rather than containing the problem. Is this a genuine solution?"

Couldnt the £400,000 have been more constructively used by helping Niche and all of the other clubs in Sheffield combat the Drug problem by working with them rather than against them?

spot....on:thumbsup:

Originally posted by desy

See tonight's "Star" the police raided it Sunday morning. The police are looking to close it for 3 months. 12 arrested most of them already wanted by the police from Manchester and Leeds.

yeah one was rushed into court this morning..he received 40 hours comunity service..obviously a villan:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

the streets are now so much safer:rolleyes:

Originally posted by desy

See tonight's "Star" the police raided it Sunday morning. The police are looking to close it for 3 months. 12 arrested most of them already wanted by the police from Manchester and Leeds.

Then hopefully Manchester and Leeds will be making a contribution to this policeman's outing ? ;)

Judging by the results the police were acting on some pretty useless 'information'- or perhaps the chief super thought he'd give some of his lads a handy little OT bonus, - just in time for Christmas ?

Its daft really, why wasnt there this kind of fuss when they raided Gatecrasher (then Republic) a couple of years ago?? Apparently they found a huge stash....

From what ive seen Niche have co-operated with the police that last couple of years i.e body searches, metal detectors, moving the entrance round the back of the club...

Well i had some great times there when i was younger, no regrets

Originally posted by NMD1

Wise beyond your years mate.

Spot on with every comment. I dont know what niche could do more to solve any problems that the police think it has!

Full airport scanners on the door and EVERY punter has a full body search and has to empty ALL pockets etc.

i would love to see the fuzz raid another nightclub in sheffield around xmas time and see what they find, that would be interesting.

Originally posted by Emilychee

Its daft really, why wasnt there this kind of fuss when they raided Gatecrasher (then Republic) a couple of years ago?? Apparently they found a huge stash....

From what ive seen Niche have co-operated with the police that last couple of years i.e body searches, metal detectors, moving the entrance round the back of the club...

Well i had some great times there when i was younger, no regrets

EXACTLY LUV!!!

Archived