Old tyres - what to do with them?

Dinnington waste recycling site has a skip for used tyres, you can dispose of tyres both on and off the rim.

if the tyres are still on the rim you could convert them to planters by cutting around one side of the tyre next to the tread and turning the tyre inside out on the other side to form a wine glass shape, coat of paint and job done

We fill them with concrete and then paint the shaped blocks white,making very large Polo mints,and letter Os for communicating with UFOs and passing choppers.Last year we had a commission to supply Typhoo Tea as they were short of OOs;it proved very lucrative but now we have to produce other letters using other moulds.

By the number of tyres you see scattered around the country lanes, it seems many take them for a ride, and chuck them on the verge at their first opportunity.

Regards

Angel.

"Tires" should be disposed of in America!!!!!

got quite a few old tires knocking around in my garage that i don't need and i don't fancy being charged the fee to bin them :hihi:

i've heard that people use them to plant potatoes in over the winter, then knock them down to get the potatoes without having to do any digging. does anyone know if there's a place i could take the tires so people can use them for stuff like this?

or are there any more uses for old tires (other than making swings)

Offer them to a local nursery or school. I would think they would be glad of them for children's outdoor play

How about linking them together to form an elaborate necklace?

Imagine the envy when you step out in West St on a Friday night!

ask a local farmer if he needs them to weigh down the covering on his silage pit

great idea

Build yourself a Krypton Factor style assault course in your back garden. You'll also need some logs, a ladder rope, a large puddle and some brightly coloured tracksuits.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: i like it what a great idea get fit and save money

:hihi::hihi::hihi: i like it what a great idea get fit and save money

Multi-tasking is what we women do!!!