NCP car park at Hartshead Square seems very expensive

I always catch the bus or tram into town. I refuse to drive into town, because it costs a lot for parking, I don't like driving in town anyway, and if you catch the tram you don't have to rush to get back for a certain time to avoid getting fined or paying more. £3.70 for a DayRider, I can go anywhere on the tram route, and take as long as I want.

Thats what I might do tomorrow infact....

:rant:Two adults plus two kids on the bus comes to almost £10. Pick the right parking place and you can park all day twice for that. Even some the more expensive places are a lot cheaper than the bus. And more conveniant. You dont have to stand in the rain waiting for it to arrive, only to stand all the way home. Or sit next to to some surly chav, with his mp3 buzzing away, or some nutter with a big mouth and a grudge against everyone or some or sweaty troll who forgot to have his yearly bath last year.

You just have to be careful where you park. I got stung a couple of Christmases ago. Didn't read the sign, didn't see a sign, but wasn't expecting to pay £14 for just over two hours and then to add insult to injury was offerd a 50p discount if I'd made use the the ... facilities that day.:rant:

Thing is that in seaside towns where they could REALLY rip you off its £3-4 to park for a whole day, so why is it so expensive in NCP?

Dead simple, the car park is not there for your benefit. It's there as a business, that business is taking brass off the folk who park there. I would park elsewhere or go to Meadowhell. Simples.

Regards

Angel.

Here's the tariff from the web site

Tariff information

30 minutes: £1.00

2 hours: £5.50

2 to 3 hours: £7.90

3 to 4 hours: £8.50

4 to 6 hours: £10.50

6 to 9 hours: £12.00

9 to 24 hours: £12.90

Another thought to add to above, when you go to the Lyceum/Crucible and park at the NCP Arundel Gate you have to add the cost of parking on top of your theatre tickets. NCP used to do a special deal whereby you could use a pre-paid facility if you were going to the theatres, that finished when the snooker started this year and they have no plans to put it back on. I know we could use the bus but, if you live a fair walk from the bus stop you don't want to have to come out of the theatre when it's chucking it down on a dark night and walk to and from the bus.

Try going to Leeds like I had to on Wednesday for training most car parks expensive, most of them was £ 5.50 for 5 hours and longer than 5 hours went up to £25.00 and this wasn't even a ncp car park I'm not kidding I decided to try another but got lost and eventually came across another one that charged £5.00 all day x

Edited by linz 1980
Added information