When should I get my bond back?

I would assume that the bond recovery will be processed when you have agreed with your landlord what proportion is to be returned, following your departure.

Maybe 100%, maybe 0%, speak to your landlord.

Edited by FORE
Missed 'following your departure'

When should you get your bond back? I have been told that we may not get it back on leaving the property and maybe after. Is this ok? I thought we should get it when we leave. Thanks.

Assuming that 'bond' means a deposit paid to L or L's Letting agent, and that you've had an Assured Shorthold Tenancy, was the deposit ever protected? The Housing Act 2004 makes protection compulsory for almost all such post-2007 lettings.

We let 2 properties and deposits are with the DPS. When a tennant leaves we check over the property preferably with the tennant and then contact the DPS to return the deposit asap after that. From then on I do not know how long it takes as the DPS deal directly with the tennant. You should have been send some information about the decurity of your bond with the deposit protection agency that your deposit has been placed with at the beginning of your tennancy if it was after 2007

I have absolutely no idea if the bond was protected. We rent privately and the Landlords never said what was to happen to it.

I also asked them for a copy of our contract approx 4 months ago which we have never had which i have heard is illegal.

They also asked it they could enter the property to show potential new tenants around and i said no but they still came in, I just feel slightly angry about the whole situation, especially now that they are abroad and we have no idea when if at all we will get our bond back!

True. For so long as the tenancy continues to exist, T has a right of exclusive possession.

L can enter only in emergency or with T's consent (which T can revoke unilaterally at any time).

Do you know should we get the bond back on the day we leave?

The L has already seen that we have looked after the property.

thanks for your help!