Pregnancy without the pounds. Anyone?

Hello

Just wondering if anyone, had a pregnancy but didnt gain any weight?

I'm just over 200lbs now, having lost quite abit already. Its taken 3 years to loose around 60lbs, by just eating less/moving more. I stopped drinking, because of the empty calories. Changed all my habits, to better ones and just finally getting into the habit of the lifestyle and I got pregnant, that pregnancy was cut short but I still didnt gain a pound (well I lost 2lb, then put it back on) but throughout, from day 1 I didnt go over my weight. I'm pregnant again, and im hoping to have another pregnancy without gaining. Its early days, but ive not gained anything, nor lost.

If anyone has done similar, it'd be lovely to hear from you and see how you did it! Or, if anyone is overweight and pregnant but doesnt want to gain, please get in touch! I'm struggling to find someone :(

(This isnt recommended for people of healthy weights though! I'm a big girl and have looked pregnant for 3 years...!)

Hi

When I was pregnant last year, I was a member of slimming world and lost weight in the early stages maintained in the middle and put on 9lb near the end. When I went back to slimming world after my son was born I weighed less than when I joined. Slimming world worked for me as it is all about eating till full etc and was the only 'diet' advised while you are pregnant. Good luck with your pregnancy!

Sez

P.s I stopped drinking too

I'm 24 weeks gone and got weighed the other day....only put around 12 pounds....didn't think that was too bad....?!

I think a healthy attitude does wonders, i've tried not to go mad and eat loads of crap but if i've fancied something then i've had it! I've had to eat plenty of fruuit and veg/salad anyway to 'keep things moving' so that's helped too i think. The exercise side i've found more difficult, in the first trimester i was soooooooooooo tired, i couldn't have done any after work etc and now in the second i'm having pain in my back/sciatic nerve but just do a bit of walking when i can!! Joining pregnancy yoga next week too.

Hello

Just wondering if anyone, had a pregnancy but didnt gain any weight?

I'm just over 200lbs now, having lost quite abit already. Its taken 3 years to loose around 60lbs, by just eating less/moving more. I stopped drinking, because of the empty calories. Changed all my habits, to better ones and just finally getting into the habit of the lifestyle and I got pregnant, that pregnancy was cut short but I still didnt gain a pound (well I lost 2lb, then put it back on) but throughout, from day 1 I didnt go over my weight. I'm pregnant again, and im hoping to have another pregnancy without gaining. Its early days, but ive not gained anything, nor lost.

If anyone has done similar, it'd be lovely to hear from you and see how you did it! Or, if anyone is overweight and pregnant but doesnt want to gain, please get in touch! I'm struggling to find someone :(

(This isnt recommended for people of healthy weights though! I'm a big girl and have looked pregnant for 3 years...!)

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! I put six stone on with my first hehe. I ate and ate and ate! managed to lose 4 stone and went back down to a size 8/10. I didnt put as much on with my second, but It just would not shift at all!So hard as all you wanna do is stuff your face.

One of my friends had hyperemesis all the way through her pregnancy and put on only 2 pounds during her pregnancy, so that when she weighed herself a couple of days after delivery she weighed a little over a stone less than when she got pregnant.

I would never want anybody to go through the horrible pregnancy that she had though, or the repeated collapsing and hospital stays, just to get through a pregnancy without gaining weight.

quite easy really!

1) remeber your not actually eating for 2, the baby is very small and you dont need to eat 2 x portions. your normal food intake is enough!

2) keep active, do walking

most women fall at step 1, so if you can get past that youre laughing!

Since I posted this, I have found a fellow fatty to share our stresses etc! The only downside to us being friends is that... we live 50 miles away from each other so generally meet in the middle and eat out! And, pig out! Well, I have gained 2lbs so far. I am not fussed at all over it, I said from the start if I gain something so be it, if not, brilliant. I would like to make it clear though, I won't put myself or baby in any danger. I have been eating healthy, and doing a little bit of walking etc, but once the working day is over i'm buggered and ready to turn in so there are no gym sessions for me at the minute. I've just come out of the first trimester (well a few weeks since actually) but 2lbs for the first part is nothing? Is it?

Wondertec - I have seen your bump (and pre bump) pictures on facebook - you look healthy! So don't worry :) Not like moi!

Anyway, if anyone is in this situation, do message me :) It'd be nice for my and the other girl to add to our, ''FF meets'' (fat friends) just don't be offended that we do call ourselves the fattys :)

My baby is 6 months old now but after the birth I weighed myself and had lost just over 3 stone (mainly down to morning sickness all through the pregnancy), although I did change my eating habits when i found out i was pregnant to a much healthier diet so that must have helped. Since the birth I have lost another 2 stone and hope to keep losing as I have now just joined a gym. I have also breastfed exclusively for the last 6 months and that helps you to lose weight post labour (so if you can and want to this is a great aid to losing baby weight).

Well, in March of last year, I weighed less than 10st, probably 9st 7lb.

In january of this year, before being pregnant, I had got myself to just below 12st :gag:

I now, at 8 months pregnant, weigh 11st 12lb, which I'm quite pleased with, it means I've been doing something right! I know its not a great idea to lose weight when pregnant, but there was no need for me to be that big, and it can do more harm than good to put weight on according to my midwife. I haven't done anything at all to do it though, just lost most of my appetite! x

Quick Update for this. I am now 24 weeks pregnant and have gained 15 lbs. but have only gained it on my stomach, I'm still in pre pregnancy trousers but the maternity tops have made an appearance. I don't think it's too bad to say I'm craving cheese!! I've been eating as best as I can but haven't done any walking as I passed my driving test so the car is my second home oops. I will be induced at 37 weeks due to previous problems so hopefully if I gained a lb a week from now I'll have only gained around two stone come the end, and here's hoping baby is about 8 lbsof that. What did you gain during the end? I'm really scared the weight will creep on hugely now x

Usually, when pregnancy, girls seat and home and do nothing - it's boring. And they eat anything. Not always when they are really hungry - it's main reason of pounds.

Remember, you earn pounds when you eat more than enough (Excess calories becomes your fat), day by day, you should eat as much as you and your baby really need and do exercises. Make personal diet and consult with your doctor, because it should be very careful.

Edited by soyoung