Mmr- yes or no?

There is a lot of good advice in this thread. Do not believe anything you read in the papers - they will write whatever they think will sell newspapers. As someone else mentioned, read Ben Goldacre's "Bad Science".

The only reason there is a 'link' between the MMR and autism is because the age you are given mmr is a similar age to when children start to show signs of autism. There is NO link and I really do believe it is selfish not to vaccinate your child, as its the younger babies who will end up catching these awful illnesses off your child, and may well die!

I only had TBC and DTP vaccine, nothing else.

I had mumps and rubella and chicken pox and I had no problems.

I didnt know measels are fatal, maybe in rare cases.

Thats what I said, I doubt the press, they are so strongly for it. The big companies that produce all these jabs, and flue jabs are very powerful.

See the bold bit.

The question is, how rare are complications from the vaccine.

If the vaccine is safer than having the disease then have the vaccine, it's not a complicated chain of logic.

I actally wanted a comment from parents who didnt do it.

I made up my mind long time ago, did my reasearch.

So why bother with this thread?

First to say thank you to a few private emails- Im not alone :)

I had a peak on Bad science- in my opinion its written by the gov order, I dont agree about fish oil, placebo effect, the importance of raw food because of its enzimes..

And Cyclone- I think u just fancy me :)

I think you're delusional.

I wonder if you are really thinking of your child here. I hope you can live with yourself if your actions cause him/her to become seriously ill or worse ...

There has been no recorded cases of children who have the MMR jabs becoming autistic. By refusing to imunise your child, you are putting them and others more at risk. Millions of children have had these immunisations and were fine

There has been no recorded cases of children who have the MMR jabs becoming autistic

I think there are plenty of children who have had the MMR and then gone on to develop autism or related condition. It's just that there's no connection between the two.

To be honest, I think the OP had already made up her mind before this thread was started and was probably just looking for validation for pre-existing views founded on conspiracy and paranoia. I'm not sure reasoned arguments are going to make any difference, so probably best just to give up and just hope that the kids involved don't suffer from their parent's ill-conceived choices.

We are lucky that we had a few individuals who stood up against the rules, believes, truth.

If we didn't, we would still think the Earth is flat.

We are lucky that we had a few individuals who stood up against the rules, believes, truth.

If we didn't, we would still think the Earth is flat.

Indeed. If it hadn't been for science we'd still be living with smallpox.