How much money is enough for a baby from your partner

just an observation here, but she wants the best for her child, fair do's, however she forces formula milk down the poor childs neck, thats hardly good for the baby is it???, or perhaps there is some double standards going on here??

Hmmm hows about shut up!

I'm not saying i dont think her father should contribute i believe he should, if you are still in a relationship with her father surely her care should be 50/50 between the 2 of you, what i am saying is £300 per month is pure greed, a child does not need £600 per month spent on them, whether you buy organic or not it is not THAT expensive! food, shoes every month, clothes every month still doesnt warrant spending £600.

a 1 year old can be breast fed, or is that not good enough???

I didn't mean that if a mother can feed her child comfortably beyond 1 year then that is more than good enough....I was referring to the 'poor child' part.

Holier than thou springs to mind with some mothers.

And Im not feeding her to much, Im sure I know a lot more about the nutritional value then someone like u can ever immagine.

I know ur type, I have a "friend" like u, asking me what is protein food and what is carbohidrate food, and what is the difference, and what hormones each of them trigger..my dear.

you keep making some very superior comments.

i asked once before. detail your education, quality your comments.

you keep making some very superior comments.

i asked once before. detail your education, quality your comments.

I hae noticed numerous newmummy threads cropping up in this section, I think she is trying to reach out and be 'controversial' YAWN :rolleyes:

I hae noticed numerous newmummy threads cropping up in this section, I think she is trying to reach out and be 'controversial' YAWN :rolleyes:

TROLOLOLOL :lol:

For the record, when my babys dad and I split up, I was getting benefits of approx 210/week (that was income support, child tax, child benefit, housing and council tax benefit). So, it worked out about 130 a week after rent/council tax. He gave me 25/week, and the gov'n took 20 out of *my* money. In effect, he gave me a fiver... that doesnt even buy a tub of formula sweetheart. So is 300/month too much? Aye. Its pure greed. He worked (and still does) too... on more than what you earn. If he gave me 300 a month, i'd be stumped, at that time if I had 300 to spend i'd be flabbergasted! I had never had that amount of money to just spend... don't get me wrong, I am now working my backside off for a good future, so no I dont still claim those benefits, it was only a short stop gap for me but I made do, its called compromising and sacrificing the things you like in life.

I think newmummy should give up posting on here as a bad job as it's now gone into an attack and away from the original question. I understand what you are asking but I don't think you've put it very clearly for people to understand exactly what you mean and when they are questioning you, you are then getting defensive (which is understandable) and personal (not so understandable). If your ex partner lives with you and in turn doesn't have to pay any rent because it's your uncle but you do have to pay for house maintenance etc then he should give you half of the maintenance cost and half of the amount it takes to look after your child, including organic food as that is your choice and you want to feed her that because you believe it is the best (there's nothing wrong with wanting to give your child the best, eveybodys opinions differs on this of course but its want you and your partner want for her that counts). So add up how much everything cost per month and it is only fair that he contributes to half of this.

For your other question, men here don't support their partners if they have jobs. They normally split bills equally or do it on a percentage of their wage. Men do treat their partners though, eg taking them out for a meal and they will pay, but woman also do this for their men too. Each relationship is different though but I've been brought up to always share things equally, hope this helps :)