Rivelin Park last night

Does anyone know why there were police in Rivelin park last night and why the police helicopter was circling very low?

Just nosey.

I wondered that, it was flying very low, I thought it was going to land! I am just being nosy as well :)

I wondered that, it was flying very low, I thought it was going to land! I am just being nosy as well :)

im sure it landed . was out with the dog in crookes cem and could see it drop down ,dont know what it was observing

Dunno, but me and the kids were just coming out of the park when this all happened. Police officers didn't seem in too much of a hurry, let us go over the bridge first.

I was horrified. We have horses in that area and they were so terrified one jumped out of the field into the road. Could have caused a bad accident. Does anyone know if there is a law against flying that low ? :confused::rant:

It was something to do with a knife i've heard. Either one being found or someone being seen with one are the two stories i've been told, so take your pick

I was horrified. We have horses in that area and they were so terrified one jumped out of the field into the road. Could have caused a bad accident. Does anyone know if there is a law against flying that low ? :confused::rant:

There is, but the police are exempt from it.

if it was somethink to do with you .you would be happy it was that law

It depends if anything should happen to pop out whilst flying low! That would be deemed indecent exposure i believe!

That police helicopter is always in Sheff, I thought there was only one for all yorkshire now.

It must have had something to do with the junction at Rails Road, as that is where it hovered until the paddy wagon came along. I got a birds eye view, really weird when they are so low