Favourite memories of being little

ooh forgot these...

pulling wheelies on my chopper

putting tennis balls in your mums tights to bang on the wall (why? lol)

getting nettled (alot)

drinking shandy for glass barr bottles and pretending to be drunk

scabs on my knees and elbows after falling off my skateboard (again)

Pink panther chocolate 9what i wouldnt give for one of em now......

Edited by bigsteve
pink panther

Hey! ... you've just jolted my memory too! I remember my granddad taking me to see 'Bedknobs and Broomsticks' when I was a little boy ... was it the 'Gaumont'? ... that cinema next to where John Lewis is now ... can't remember!

The queue went on for miles town the side of Coles and I was frightened we wouldn't get in! We did ... I loved the film and felt very special with my great big bag of popcorn!

I think it was only a few days later that my granddad died peacefully (and suddenly) in his sleep ... he was the best granddad in the world! :)

I remember my auntie taking me to the Classic, Fitzalan Sq, to see Bedknobs and Broomsticks" aged 10 in 1974, during the summer holidays, when I stayed with her.

(she also had my sister, and my cousin in turn, that summer holiday, and my cousin saw BK&BS too, and my sister was taken to see a re-release of Dumbo. Sister howled buckets at the scene where Dumbo was taken from his mum! *sniffs back tears* )

Oh, I have a few fond memories.......

Making "perfume" from rose petals and water!

Making "slippers" from bits of material and elastic, on my Mums old sewing machine.

Picking up worms in the garden and washing them, and then putting them back!:gag:

Carol singing (the neighbours used to pay me, just to get rid of me I think!)

Knocking on people's doors and running off.

Scrumping apples.

Getting a little bag of sweets from Mum when I was poorly - just a little triangle paper bag, with a couple of chews and some liquorice, and maybe a penny or two.

Sharing a pair of roller skates with a friend - (until her stupid big sister pushed us and we both fell down, me cutting my chin quite badly, which required a few stitches.)

Ah, those were the days......................:hihi:

Do any of you "girls" remember using elastic for French skipping, starting at the ankles and working up, performing different types of jumps?

Playing donkey with a ball against the wall again whilst performing different turns, jumps ect.

Playing two balls - 1,2,3,O'leary?

Jackie Magazine every Wednesday and pinning the posters (Donny Osmond for me) on your bedroom wall, or backing your school books in them

Bunty with the cut out doll and clothes on the back, and another comic called Pink?

Caramac bars, spangles, Spanish Gold sweet tobacco (sugar covered coconut)

New white socks and white knickers for holidays

Going to posh hotel for New Year's Eve

Fancy dress party in Jersey and I was Columbine

Speech Day at prep and being presented with prize

School trip to Switzerland and being told I'd passed exam to the grammar school

The excitement of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Bonfire nights with all the neighbours on our drive, parkin and treacle toffee

Whitsuntide new clothes and marching with the Sunday School band then the big Whit sing in Firth Park, back to the church and across to Concord Park for a huge picninc and games, sack race, egg and spoon, three legged race, and always finishing with rounders.

When it snowed the kids on our side of the road always had a huge snowball fight with the kids on the other side.