Stallone, arnie, bruce, van damme or segal ?

0114owl1867

To be fair though, Jackie's getting on a bit.. And he looks his age as well, well he did in the new Karate Kid :D

Fitted well for the part! Miagi was an old chap.

I haven't seen that yet but I hope it isn't as bad as everyone has said.

Steve Austin and Nathan Jones were good in The Condemned, not good at acting, but good at being action characters, Vinny Jones was also acting badly in that film.

My attraction to Steve Austin, Nathan Jones and Jason Statham is purely homoerotic, if they don't get at least half naked in a film I feel robbed.

And put on weight :o

Did you see him in those adverts for Woolworths? Oh, how I cringed :blush:

I don't have a TV so no I didn't.

To be fair though, Jackie's getting on a bit.. And he looks his age as well, well he did in the new Karate Kid :D

Last time I saw him he looked pretty damn good for his age, if I look half as good when I'm 57 I'll be happy.

Back in his prime he was in some of the best action films ever (many of which he directed himself) and produce action scene after scene that no western star can touch. Even past his prime in films like Shanghai Noon (which he made when well into his 40s) he wasn't too shabby.

Jackie Chan is a better action star than any of that lot, he's dropped off recently as he's aged & gone to hollywood but before that he consistently produced fight scenes and stunts that were beyond "Stallone, arnie, bruce, van damme or segal" and the likes stuntmen never mind then "Stallone, arnie, bruce, van damme or segal" themselves.

Because most of Chans stunts were done in the rather low tech manner of actually doing them, as opposed to via special effects, there's a real sense of excitement & danger in many of his films lacking in most of the output of the others named.

But isn't he in kung films with other kung fu artists ? Mind you if bruce lee was around he would have been better than the rest put together, enter the dragon was amazing IMO

But isn't he in kung films with other kung fu artists ? Mind you if bruce lee was around he would have been better than the rest put together, enter the dragon was amazing IMO

Thing is though, even if Bruce Lee was still with us, he would've retired years ago, as he was 32 when he died, so he'd be about 70 now.

But isn't he in kung films with other kung fu artists ?

Kung FU films are still aciton films are they not? But anyway Jackie chan has been in a host of films with car chases, stunts, gun fights... such as the Police Story series which are more general action films than 'kung-fu' films.

Mind you if bruce lee was around he would have been better than the rest put together, enter the dragon was amazing IMO

Enter the Dragon is hugely overrated. Lots of marshal arts films are way better.