All-time Premier League XI

Rushup

Is it also a coincidence that United failed to win the league the season after he retired?

And for twenty-six consecutive seasons before he arrived; although he can't be blamed for the ones that they didn't win before he was born. :hihi:

I hold Cantona to be the biggest single reason that Man United assumed their place of dominance.

And for twenty-six consecutive seasons before he arrived; although he can't be blamed for the ones that they didn't win before he was born. :hihi:

I hold Cantona to be the biggest single reason that Man United assumed their place of dominance.

I'd say Fergie is ahead of him but Cantona was hugely important.

He might not have been the single most skilled player ever in the Premier league but he was a rare combination of exceptional skill with the ability to habitually impose his personality on the match bringing the best out of his team-mates (aside from Andy Cole for some reason) and dominating the opposition. That combination is what set him apart from most of his peers and what made him a truly great player.

I said he was over rated, but you keep continuing with the non existant debate you have created. :)

:huh: I created? You really are a little hard of thinking aren't you, I'm the 5th person after MAC33, you, Agent **** and HeadingNorth to contribute to the discussion about Cantona.