Shearer

Edited by Rushup

strikers---Cantona + Ronaldo

wingers--Overmars + Henry

midfield--Vieri + Nasri

fullbacks--Bale + Aaron Lennon

centrebacks--Terry + Stam

gk-- Van der saer

Gordon Strachan, still best player i have seen play in England.

Cantona = the most over-rated Prem player of all time, imo. Never rated him highly.

82 goals in 185 appearances for Man Utd, winning 4 Premier League titles and 2 FA Cups, including scoring the winning goal in one final and 2 goals in the other; 20 goals in 45 appearances for France.

Yes, probably the most obvious candidate for 'most overrated Premier League player of all time'.

Edited by Rushup

82 goals in 185 appearances for Man Utd, winning 4 Premier League titles and 2 FA Cups, including scoring the winning goal in one final and 2 goals in the other; 20 goals in 45 appearances for France.

Yes, probably the most obvious candidate for 'most overrated Premier League player of all time'.

There's no point in mentioning the medals he has won, they were won as a team, not by him as an individual.

I haven't said he is crap, he was great, just not as good as made out in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

here is a good article from eurosports on the best Premier League 11.

i forgot about Peter Beardsly,so he's in and Cantona dropped to bench in my team.

why has no-one mentioned Marc Overmars in the best 11,far and away the best winger in the world in his day?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29072011/58/premier-league-henry-completes-greatest-xi-line.html

why has no-one mentioned Marc Overmars in the best 11,far and away the best winger in the world in his day?

Wasn't it Overmars who made Des Walker look a complete fool, before anyone realised just how fast Overmars really was? I remember everyone thinking Walker had lost it by letting someone by him who wasn't all that quick - and they were all completely wrong, in hindsight.

There's no point in mentioning the medals he has won, they were won as a team, not by him as an individual.

I haven't said he is crap, he was great, just not as good as made out in my opinion.

So is it just a coincidence that during his time in England the team he played for won the league every single season except for the time when he was suspended for half the season?