Did you ever live in Parson Cross?

sandy

hi oki,you sound very familiar r u a well known tattooist?

no,im a well known care worker around the parson cross estate though,although i know who you mean,he,s tattooed both the wife and me,and a lot of our family,he sometimes comes to our house and posts on here,he is too tight to make his own account.

no,im a well known care worker around the parson cross estate though,although i know who you mean,he,s tattooed both the wife and me,and a lot of our family,he sometimes comes to our house and posts on here,he is too tight to make his own account.

are you talking about that guy who tattooed people from his house?? i think it was either deerlands or buchannon he lived

I saw the youtube vids and they were great.

Its sad though, theres a lot of memories being flattened there and even though I havent lived there since I was about 20, I still dread the day when I learn that the house I was born and brought up in on Holgate avenue is going to be demolished.

I THINK I KNOW YOU

Peggsta, Awfully sorry to hear about your dad. I knew him vaguely, but my elder brothers, who were the same age as Mick (they're twins) knew him quite well. I'll ask them if they've got any stories about him

dont tell him too much get in touch with me

I've narrowed you down to one of these three:

Tony Kane, Johnny Fountain, Graham Hoole

Pete Lee, who had a dog called “Bengo” (see earlier posts on this thread) was a decent cyclist but his heart wasn’t in it as much as the others. I think he was a little bit older and consequently less reckless. He did have one claim to fame though. He lived closest to the track. Jonathan Edwards could have leapt from their porch on to the top bend in one fell swoop. And his mum worked at Margo Chippy. Always a good thing

As I mentioned earlier, I don’t really remember Steve Cam, but I presume he was an elder sibling to Kath and Tony Cam. Kath was a hippie, in spirit if not in dress, and was very much into Jonie Mitchell and CSN and Y. She and I used to discuss the acts on “The Old Grey String Vest” for hours. I had a C60, taped from the telly, of John Prine singing “Sam Stone” which we listened to over and over. The song still gives me shivers.

Tony married a lovely girl off Wordwsworth (Vivian?), few houses up from Wriggo’s. (401 at a guess)

Tom Roebuck was a decent cyslist, but he was one of the last ones to convert from a 48:26 ratio to the "in-favour" 32:18, and it did him no favours as it led to much less explosive gate. He was also slow to straighten out his forks.

He joined the Royal Signals in about 1972. He served for three years as a Data Telegraphist in Northern Germany (Herford I think - maybe Bielefeld) but didn’t feel that he could make a career of it, and came back home. Last time I saw him was in March 1976 selling Seafoods from a basket in the pubs. By the time he got to “The Gate” at Wadsley Bridge, he’d run out of mussels but still had a few whelks left, so I bought a packet. Had to put loads of vinegar on, but they were lovely

I WAS ONE OF THE THREE YOU SAID

does anyone remember derek?? he used to be on the c.b radio,his handle was super smurf, he had cleft pallet,he lived across from parson cross hotel but then moved along deerlands near the huntsman,,back in the 80's most people on parson cross had c.b radios and it was great,we all used to meet at the breakers club which was in hillsborough, the daft thing was they said they was doing a buffet for all breakers, but the buffet was a DRIPPING SANDWICH which was awful but beer was cheap

does anyone remember derek?? he used to be on the c.b radio,his handle was super smurf, he had cleft pallet,he lived across from parson cross hotel but then moved along deerlands near the huntsman,,back in the 80's most people on parson cross had c.b radios and it was great,we all used to meet at the breakers club which was in hillsborough, the daft thing was they said they was doing a buffet for all breakers, but the buffet was a DRIPPING SANDWICH which was awful but beer was cheap

yeh,old derek cohen,i was his carer,he died of cancer,roy brooke,me and a bloke called steve phillips were there on the day he died,he died holding his arms up to a photo of his mother.the breakers club was the bradfield road club,upstairs on a wednesday night,if my memory is correct.

Archived