Did you ever live in Parson Cross?

Hi,

Do you know if your cousin's husband Tony had any brothers and sisters and if his

mother and father were called May and Fred.

its the same peacocks,i remember jasmine quite clearly from the wedding,the reception being in the white bear at ecclesfield.tony was a regular in the lancers on penistone road,they married in the late 60,s.been divorced for years.

i think there is only 2 flat roof malthouses on wordsworth but did not know they started demolition, i know the rest of the malt houses on the same side with the pitched roofes will be demolished in about 15 years and also the pitched roof malts on mansel will be gone in 15 years as at moment they are structually safe at moment

They are gone, its totally levelled now, just another empty space.....pitty they dont rebuild as quick! My daughter is at Mansell Primary and numbers are so low, (mainly due to demolition) she now shares her Y6 class with Y5 kids to make up numbers.

They are gone, its totally levelled now, just another empty space.....pitty they dont rebuild as quick! My daughter is at Mansell Primary and numbers are so low, (mainly due to demolition) she now shares her Y6 class with Y5 kids to make up numbers.

so sad to hear that as i went to mansel infants and juniors and what made it worse that yewlands took over the infant school moved the infants to the juniors to make it mansel primary school, i can see mansel schools demolished very soon like they have with my old school yewlands comprehensive school,, sorry will re-phrase it- yewlands technology college,, it bloody stinks as yewlands is not a college is a school for 13 to 16 yrs old kids, i passed yewlands recently and did not recognise it as most has been demolished and re-built,, i am ****** off with the changes of parson cross as soon it will not be recognisable as it will be bloody flat like my house on mansel, the houses on deerlands and buchannon :(

I lived at Parson Cross froma tiny baby until I was about 9 , so that 1947 until 1956 . My parents had a new ( then ) house on Tunwell Ave,no 117. I remember the house really well and also the first school , Monteney which I hated ! there was a shop called Rusbys just off Wordsworth Ave, if I remember rightly where sweets were rashioned . My family name was Styring, my parents were May and Henry and I am Kate but known back then as Kathleen and I have an older sister Christine . Dad was a member of Thorncliffe Operatic Society and so our home was always full of people and music . We were the first to have a tv on our road and the house was packed full for the Coronation .

so sad to hear that as i went to mansel infants and juniors:(

Mansell beat my school, Tommy More's, in the 1966 Ecclesfield and District Junior Schools Football Final, so I've got mixed feelings.

Anyway, we got them back in The Rounders!

Mansell beat my school, Tommy More's, in the 1966 Ecclesfield and District Junior Schools Football Final, so I've got mixed feelings.

Anyway, we got them back in The Rounders!

good times at school years ago. when i was in mansel juniors back in about 1982 we took on st thomas school in a sports day but it was school vs school, we won most of the games but it was all good fun but when i went to yewlads, colley school was our enimies and we used to meet half way, there is the 8 foot between chaucer road, down past the beagle, it was boody funny as hell, there was the **** of yewlands called alma brown, she was hard (glen fox on forum must know her) but most times riot vans was waiting on corner of fulmere, but we suprisingly got on well with chaucer school, but back then it was what you would call a friendly scrap, nowadays its all knives and bats, sad really

Edited by Richard PX5

good times at school years ago

The tough bit for me, in that famous '66 game, was that a lot of my best friends played for Mansell: Steve Parkin, Roger Waldron, John Spencer, Alan Hogan etc, so it made it a bitter pill to swallow - great game though.

I recently discussed it with Dexman and his brother Tom, both of whom played for us, and their elder brother Terry, who was watching from the sidelines. All three remember it as distinctly as I do. They kept reminding me that I scored a brilliant goal, but of course I was reluctant to focus on it (NOT!!)

hi Bush baby!!!!!!

I am Sean Giblin went to st Thomas Mores with all my siblings I was born in 1949 Sister Mercy was the head mistras and what a woman she was ! love to talk further if interested Thans Sean Giblin

hi I am Sean Giblin From 56 Mansel Cres 1969

Lived across from the school but went to st Thomas Mores

I woul Like to chat Thanks Sean

hi Bush baby!!!!!!

I am Sean Giblin went to st Thomas Mores with all my siblings I was born in 1949 Sister Mercy was the head mistras and what a woman she was ! love to talk further if interested Thans Sean Giblin

Hi Sean. I remember your family well. I think you were the same class as my two brothers, Pete n John. I was in the same class as Eamonn. I seem to remember you all emigrated to Oz in 67 (ish)

Please send me a private mail and we catch up on all that's happened

hi I am Sean Giblin From 56 Mansel Cres 1969

Lived across from the school but went to st Thomas Mores

I woul Like to chat Thanks Sean

hi sean my parents moved in 66 mansel crescent in 1969,, when did you move out and do you still have relatives at 56 mansel cres still, i dont know if you remember the battersbys or malones who lived up mansel cres across from school but dont know the house numbes, they lived there for years but they have passed away now but not sure if they had kids, bushbaby may possibly know

I realize no one may read this as the thread was started a few years ago, anyway i have just found the site. I also was born on the Parsons Cross, in 1951, my grandparents live on Doe Royd Cresent right on the top, they lived there for so many years, i cant even remember, my mum remarried and we moved to Heeley when i was about 6, but i first went to Maineld Road School. ( i know i have spelled it wrong), my grandparents moved about 1963, into a flat in the Gleadless Valley. My cousin lived on Deerlands Ave, she lived there till she married and her mom lived there till she passed away they were the Barks.