Supermarket Overload

Is it my imagination or is Sheffield becoming The City Of Supermarkets?

There seems to be a new one popping up every other week.

Or is it the same everywhere in Britain, Britain The Land Of Supermarkets.

(We used to be "a nation of shopkeepers" what are we now?)

yea there's loads isnt there! From Manor Top to Birley there is a Nisa, Tesco, Asda, Co Op, Co Op, Spar, Tesco.

crazy!

Sheffield always seemed to have less supermarkets than other cities. We are probably catching up now.

In the next village to me they have a Spar then a Co-Op then a Tesco Express - all next door to each other. They're worse than takeaways (the village has at least six).

yea there's loads isnt there! From Manor Top to Birley there is a Nisa, Tesco, Asda, Co Op, Co Op, Spar, Tesco.

crazy!

The Spar's the best one, has the best offers on beers by far!

Spar? you think it has the best offers? hmmm, im a Tesco or Asda man myself, not a fan of that spar....though they do do cash back which is good for the chippy on a Saturday night!

Spar? you think it has the best offers? hmmm, im a Tesco or Asda man myself, not a fan of that spar....though they do do cash back which is good for the chippy on a Saturday night!

On Birley Moor Road? Well best one for last minute bevvies the Co-op's a right rip off. They charge you for cashback at the Spar. Aye I'm a Asda man too, the car park does my head in tho

People must use them or they wouldn't open them.

is'nt it great living in a country with food in abundance cheap and close by wow roll on the supermarkets.

The Spar's the best one, has the best offers on beers by far!

I've alway thought Spar was overpriced, I'm sure I've seen some of their own brand products that are more expensive than name brands.

I've alway thought Spar was overpriced, I'm sure I've seen some of their own brand products that are more expensive than name brands.

Oh it is, but its generally really good for the booze offers and its always chilled too

Don't forget they're also building a Asda near the drakehouse retail park and a tesco near halfway. :)

Are they definately building that asda at Drakehouse?