Meynell rd.school

I went to Meynell from the infants to leaving in 1961

Edited by Kenj
Not in dates

I went to Meynell Road 51-61 and remember most of the teachers mentioned, plus a few more.

I was there from 1953 to 61 and have put several photos on friend reunited

Take a look see if you can see yourself.

I was at meynell from 55 to 58. Remember Fleming Johnson salt hemming plant etc. Ran in the cross country team. Don't remember  any names. Do regularly curse Fleming  for the canings I got. Remember him getting married to one of the teachers. The other teachers I remember ereKelly and Yospur who died there when I was in the second year. Came from Foxhill school and lived on Bullen Rd ,any body remember me Tony Brocklehurst ? 

6 hours ago, Tbt said:

I was at meynell from 55 to 58. Remember Fleming Johnson salt hemming plant etc. Ran in the cross country team. Don't remember  any names. Do regularly curse Fleming  for the canings I got. Remember him getting married to one of the teachers. The other teachers I remember ereKelly and Yospur who died there when I was in the second year. Came from Foxhill school and lived on Bullen Rd ,any body remember me Tony Brocklehurst ? 

Yes Tony. I was at Foxhill Junior School at the same time as you. I can remember a lot of names in class, as I remember yours.

A few boys names were, David Hetherington, David Badger, Steven Buck and David Scholey. Some of the girls were, Patricia Cowluck, Patricia Burns and the Brearley twins, Christine and Ann. I could go on with many more and I have early class photographs. My name is John Gill and I hope you’re keeping well Tony.

I left Meynell in May 1963 to go to Hartley Brook School as we ‘flitted’ to Shiregreen.

I remember you Tony. Some more names for you to try to remember, Billy Dawes,  Ronny Wommersly.  I think they both lived on Bullen Rd and went to Fox Hill school.

A lot more that I can think of. The headmaster of Fox Hill was Mr. Hewitt

Dp59 . Hi there. I saw Billy Dawes about 20 years ago he was driving aN Hgv , John Stych joined the Raf and stayed in until he was around 40 . Ronnie was my best man but died of a brain tumour in his early thirties . Mr Hewitt brings back memories. Is fox hill school still going ?

year after you left Meynell shut down & i finished up @ chaucer for last year,depending whereabouts on Cross you lived some went to Southey.Flemming,Williams & Bunting went up to Chaucer,don't know what happened to others.Our teacher @ Meynell was a lass called Russell,a real stunner,she was the girlfriend of that tennis player Roger Taylor.Was there a teacher there called Garbutt?when you were there,i think he was a geordie.