Which religion is the most far-fetched?

I don't think Scientology is more far-fetched than the other religions. It's certainly less believable, but only because we know the founder was a sci-fi writer.

And not a very good sci-fi writer at that.

Well, the stuff that he wrote might not have been the best, but (unlike most other writers) he carried on writing and publishing his work for many years after he died.:hihi:

Plymouth Brethern are pretty "out there"

Does Scientology count as a religion though, what defines it as a religion rather than a cult or just an "organisation" like the Free Masons ?

Does Scientology count as a religion though, what defines it as a religion rather than a cult

Small & unpopular religions are pejoratively called 'cults', that doesn't mean they aren't religions.

or just an "organisation" like the Free Masons ?

Scientology has a creation myth (even if its more science fiction as opposed to the usual fantasy fiction), a collection of beliefs and practices which should be followed to achieve personal salvation... how is it not a religion?

but do Scientologists actuall worship anything ?

but do Scientologists actuall worship anything ?

The films of Tom Cruise? :D

The films of Tom Cruise? :D

that is one sick religion

Why just pick on the mormons, l have met a good few of them and they are the most generous of people. As for what they believe in thats up to them same as any other religians

Maybe if mormons didn't disassociate themselves from other people and left people along to follow whatever path they choose, people wouldn't ridicule them.

I agree with that, but no one has mentioned Westborough Methodist, that loony lot visited by Louis Theroux, they are strange and dangerous.

More specifically, I would say, the Exclusive Brethren.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exclusive_Brethren

The "open" side of the Plymouth Brethren seems no more crazy than the majority of evangelical Christian churches. Still crazy mind.

i have been unfortunate enough to meet a couple of moo-mins sorry mormons i found them to be very sharp dressed polite looneys they even gave me my own book of mormon

i can cope with those but one of my problems is with the jo vo witnesses they believe knocking door to door and talking tripe will gain them god points

as for the born again christains pity theres no born again lions

these are people who forgive child abusers and murderers

did you know mira hindley found god and a convent was ready to take her in should she be released,where was god when she and brady killed those children.