Sporting activity to build teen's confidence.

Evening all,

Do you have any sensible suggestions of a group/ social activity that will help my teenage daughter to build self confidence and build a new circle of friends.

I was thinking along the lines of karate or kick boxing.

We live in North Sheffield and would pref like it to be local for us.

Kind regards in advance.

Boxing or Thai boxing are great for confidence building. Not to mention excellent at strengthening and keeping the body fit.

Boxing or Thai boxing are great for confidence building. Not to mention excellent at strengthening and keeping the body fit.

Do you know of any groups? I have emailed a couple. Thank you.

Do you know of any groups? I have emailed a couple. Thank you.

Unfortunately i don't any more. It has been over 5 years since i last did any boxing and that was down at a gym behind the arena.

Pocket billiards was popular in my teens but there are now very few venues that cam accommodate;most youth clubs do not have the facilities.

maybe zumba, or any other dance group? Look in local community centres to see if they advertise anything?

Zumba is brilliant! I've met friends through it, and theres no issue with age or size or anything really. I'm 19 and weigh about 15 stone and the lady I dance next too (who is lovely) is 65 and about 7 stone! :) Make friends very easy and have a great laugh too.

Dunno really, depends what she might have an interest in. If she's shy she doesn't want loads of people around her at first. I'd rather kids did something constructive rather than hanging around shops, but it would probably be some outdoor activity.