18 yr old ginger and white tabby missing. Aston

Last seen lastnight. Only ever leaves the house to go to the toilet in the back garden! Quite frail and not too good on her feet. We are thinking that she may well have gone to find somewhere quiet to die, but desperately want to find her either way. Please keep a look out for our old lady

Here's a pic

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=431622750745&set=a.431622600745.226763.776590745&type=1&theater

Aww.

I really hope you find her safe.

Fingers crossed.

Smudge I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine what you're going through at the moment, I hope it's not the fostered kits that have upset her. Everything is crossed for you and your little old lady x

Smudge I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine what you're going through at the moment, I hope it's not the fostered kits that have upset her. Everything is crossed for you and your little old lady x

No Magsie, nothing like that. We have cats in and out of here all the time and she never bats an eyelid. When the foster kits are in we put Fifi in our bedroom anyway as mum is a bit protective and doesn't like other cats near. I'm hoping that when the neighbours get home and check in their garage she will be sat there wondering what all the fuss is about!

She had a check up a few weeks ago and the vet said she was a little ruttly and her heart was a bit fast. They didn't feel she needed treating tho as she seemed comfortable and was non symptomatic. Over the past week however I thought she looked like she'd put a bit of weight on. I assumed this was because we had been treating her bad teeth and she had been eating better, I am now wondering if it was water retention and she has been in heart failure :( She didn't seem any different to normal when I went to bed last night tho, she wasn't breathless and was eating/drinking normally. It's very strange. I guess the other option is she has been picked up by somebody/something when she has popped out to the loo, but she literally goes out, does her business and runs back in....... I'm beside myself with worry, she was so old and frail and it's horrible outside today :(

I don't know what to say Smudge, am so sorry. Can't stop thinking about her x

Try checking with all your neighbours, when my 20 year old was weak and frail, some new neighbours found her, and seeing she was dodderey, they assumed that she was a stray and needed treatment (she was seeing the vet regularly). Luckily I was looking for her and came across them just as they had her in a carrier going out to the car to hand her in to the RSPCA :-0 If they had taken her to the RSPCA, I would probably never have known what had happened to her, and would have been heartbroken.

Sorry to hear this smudge, fingers crossed she's hiding somewhere and will come back today. It happened to my old cat a while ago (same she went out for toilet at night )and I know how worrying it is I was like a woman possessed looking for her, I did get her back a couple of months later. Someone had took her in, its a long story :)

I lost an old cat nearly two years ago now. Never have found her since, but wish l knew what happened to her. Same situation as you just dissappeared overnight, even though she never left our garden.

Checked with all the neighbours - nobody seen her, not in any garages. Im really fearing the worst now. It was bin day today - all I can think about is what if she was in one of the bins when they were collected :(

aww I'm sorry to hear this. I agree someone may have taken her in thinking she needed treatment!

Or it sounds awful but have you checked any near by bushes or any places she could have crawled into to die?

I hope you find her either way :( preferably alive though :( x x x

Aww sorry to hear this....come back Fifi xxxx

Checked all gardens, garages, sheds, under bushes etc on our street. Will widen the search tomorrow but can't see her having gone any further when she has never strayed more than 30ft from the front door. Even when she was younger she knew where our property ended and never left it. I never thought I would ever have to worry about her.

There is no sign of a struggle in the garden - no plants disturbed, no furr, no blood. She never went on the road so can't see that she has been run over although I did contact road clearances and they haven't picked her up. Phoned all local vets, including the emergency vets and the local rescues...nothing. It's like the earth opened up and swallowed her. I feel so helpless, she hates the cold and wet and doesn't like being on her own. I just want to know what has happened, it's the not knowing that is really upsetting me :(