Sheffield Star baby comp

hi

does anyone agree that the star baby competition should be independently judged rather than charging £1 per text to vote. As mothercare are the sponsors i thought it would be nice for them to judge. ps please dont reply just to slate people for entering their kids. :P

hi

ps please dont reply just to slate people for entering their kids. :P

...oh please wont someone stop me ... :|

Sorry but I agree with what Wilma Flintstone once said to Fred, Babies who win beauty contests go on to become vain and spoilt! :hihi:

i knew people couldnt help themselves, can you people not read

is this just a creuel way for parents to humiliate thier children in later life when they grow into teenage goths/emos?

K.

I disagree with the way that people are allowed to vote. The judges should be the staff and the photographer or similar. Obviously the family and friends are going to vote for their child but what about the children who don't have many family members?

Its so wrong. it should be independant. they already get u to buy the photos.

Its so wrong. it should be independant. they already get u to buy the photos.

The competition is a great hook to draw the mothers in and its about selling the photos and not so much about the competition. You have the photos taken and then they tell you to come back at a later date to view them and they know full well that the mothers cant resist buying them.

If its anything like the one I went to with my grandson a few years ago then the prices for buying the photographs was extortionate. Its a great way for a photographic company to make easy money and I wish the Star would stop doing it.

But.. I'm sure we voted by email and didn't use the phone.

PS. Are Mothercare the sponsors or is it just that a Mothercare voucher is being given to the winner?

Edited by fake

The competition is a great hook to draw the mothers in and its about selling the photos and not so much about the competition. You have the photos taken and then they tell you to come back at a later date to view them and they know full well that the mothers cant resist buying them.

If its anything like the one I went to with my grandson a few years ago then the prices for buying the photographs was extortionate. Its a great way for a photographic company to make easy money and I wish the Star would stop doing it.

But.. I'm sure we voted by email and didn't use the phone.

PS. Are Mothercare the sponsors or is it just that a Mothercare voucher is being given to the winner?

i have entered my son in the competition and the photos was very cheap was quite shocked an to be quite honest i haven't entered him in it to win i entered him just for the photos i am not one of these parents that gets everyone to vote for my child an i totally agree with the op suggestion x

I have never believed in baby shows, only one beautiful baby in the world and every mummy has got it!!!!!

its actually for the a job of chief reporter

i have entered my son in the competition and the photos was very cheap was quite shocked an to be quite honest i haven't entered him in it to win i entered him just for the photos i am not one of these parents that gets everyone to vote for my child an i totally agree with the op suggestion x

I hope your child grows up to use punctuation.

Obviously it is £1 to vote - to make money. Anyone who has put their baby in their contest wants their head checking.