DWP Redundancies -Well Done

So why are they needing more Jobcentre staff then, why am I training to work there?

Jobcentres may go out on strike to protest about redundancies in general but once again the actual redundancies are in the other parts of DWP, apart from the fixed term contracts.

I think that, with working for the DWP I am aware of what is going on.

Privatisation in the Civil Service is nothing new but nobody is denying there is cutbacks in the sector but its voluntary and its the fixed termers that have gone like Hillsbro1 has stated.

Now this thread started as targeting the Jobcentres and I can assure you that they are currently the safest place to work in the Civil Service as a whole.

The cut backs are based on a 4 year time base and by that time the targeted headcount should be as predicted through natural wastage, however if they have not reached that target then redundancy could become compulasary but unlikely.

good in 1 respect if staff lose there jobs because the staff will know first hand how bad the system is they have in place and all the crap people have had to put up with off them. and the sec guards need to stop power tripping all the time because if you seen them outside there work place bet they would have a diffrent attitude towards you and wouldnt dare goad you to the extent they do.

please be aware of DWP electronic media policy when making statements like this as employees of DWP, it applies here for sure!

They all deserve to be made redundant for the way they treat joe public in first place. Let the shoe be on the other foot !

oddly enough my few interactions with the DWP over the years have been pleasant if necessarily bureaucratic ... but then again i'm not a mouth breathing chav who is effectively unemployable rather than unemployed ...

Why would you wish redundancy on them all. I have never had dealings with them but as with all walks of life and dealings with different organisations you get different levels of service from different people. I have had bad customer service but that doesn't mean I'd wish redundancy on everyone in that organisation. These people will have families and bills to pay and redundancy will be devastating. I feel sorry for anyone that would have to be faced with that prospect.

As you say, "I have never had dealings with them......." Seriously its like a parallel universe in those places, truly an awful, demeaning and degrading experience :( 80% of the staff have no idea and no people skills, they are rude and undermining, redundancy is the humane option.

oddly enough my few interactions with the DWP over the years have been pleasant if necessarily bureaucratic ... but then again i'm not a mouth breathing chav who is effectively unemployable rather than unemployed ...

Im not a chav who is unemployable :P Why anyone would want to be unemployed longer than is absolutely necessary, just for the sake of never having to frequent Jobcentre Plus again, is beyond me :hihi:

I dont believe there is any job out there which is worse than having to sign on, id shovel ****. :hihi:

As you say, "I have never had dealings with them......." Seriously its like a parallel universe in those places, truly an awful, demeaning and degrading experience :( 80% of the staff have no idea and no people skills, they are rude and undermining, redundancy is the humane option.

Couldn't agree more, on initial findings they all seem to tar everybody with the same brush, as soon as you walk in the door with a few exceptions they all seem to look down their noses at you. I do find that once you've sat down and spoke for a while that the odd few drop their arrogance a little once they realise I'm not the type that is edging to dive over the desk and lamp them, or start teaching them limited vocabulary of french 'So to speak'. But there are still the odd few that think you are lower down the food chain than they are, which is odd because I used to do their job and didn't find myself particularly important nor well paid.

Couldn't agree more, on initial findings they all seem to tar everybody with the same brush, as soon as you walk in the door with a few exceptions they all seem to look down their noses at you. I do find that once you've sat down and spoke for a while that the odd few drop their arrogance a little once they realise I'm not the type that is edging to dive over the desk and lamp them, or start teaching them limited vocabulary of french 'So to speak'. But there are still the odd few that think you are lower down the food chain than they are, which is odd because I used to do their job and didn't find myself particularly important nor well paid.

Im quite a confident person, in my 40's, I work with people, I have to be able to communicate on all levels confidently, but still coming out of Hillsborough Job Centre after a horrendous visit in October last year, I was a shadow of my former self :huh:

It got me thinking how hard it must be for someone who is vulnerable or just left school, if ya want a job, id avoid the job centre :hihi:

I don't wish for anyone to be made redundant, the org. post was my half assed way of saying to the staff that work in these offices "Watch your Jobs" if you allow non trained staff to do your work or even part of your work for you then your asking for trouble. Most of the staff that work in the offices of the DWP are polite and welcoming, and those that are not ....Well haven't you had a bad day.

The way they treat the public is not by their choice but because of orders from above. No point blaming the monkey for carrying out the policies of the organ grinder in Parliament.

Aye, Blair and Brown have much to answer for. What a pair of

Regards

Angel.

They all deserve to be made redundant for the way they treat joe public in first place. Let the shoe be on the other foot !

I presume you're influenced by your own treatment, Joe.

If the shoe is on the other foot, what's the first foot doing? They are wage jockeys like the rest of us. Give them a break and use the time to deal with your own hang ups.