POLL: "Old" Niche to re-open as new members only club "Nemos"

What do you think to the "old" Niche nightclub, re-opening as a new club?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think to the "old" Niche nightclub, re-opening as a new club?

• Yes, I like the idea.
    • No, absolutely not.
    • I don't really care either way.

What language is that in then, never even heard of any of them. I must have lead a sheltered life.

Regards

Angel.

:hihi: It's all in English, apart from the one typo, 'Trance'.

I've just been told that the licensing board hearing due to take place this morning was cancelled because the application to reopen Niche was withdrawn. What had happened to Empire Bar happened to Niche/Nemos this time...

I've just been told that the licensing board hearing due to take place this morning was cancelled because the application to reopen Niche was withdrawn. What had happened to Empire Bar happened to Niche/Nemos this time...

Apparently, Next Levels application has been abandoned due to planners saying that even if they had granted it, the Club would have had to close at 1am, so it appears that the Police used them as their tool. The application was initially adjourned, apparently, due to the chairman of the hearing NOT turning up. I have been informed that under normal circumstances that was illegal, as the cost of not appearing was so high for all the people involved.

Edited by Joe9T

Apparently, Next Levels application has been abandoned due to planners saying that even if they had granted it, the Club would have had to close at 1am, so it appears that the Police used them as their tool. The application was initially adjourned, apparently, due to the chairman of the hearing NOT turning up. I have been informed that under normal circumstances that was illegal, as the cost of appearing was so high for all the people involved.

I'm not sure about the legal things, but I was really ****** off last week when the Council tried to justify the postpone by saying not enough councillors had turned up. This was one of the most pathetic excuses I've ever seen.

I'm not sure about the legal things, but I was really ****** off last week when the Council tried to justify the postpone by saying not enough councillors had turned up. This was one of the most pathetic excuses I've ever seen.

If true, it is shocking as well as utterly disgraceful!

Apparently, Next Levels application has been abandoned due to planners saying that even if they had granted it, the Club would have had to close at 1am, so it appears that the Police used them as their tool. The application was initially adjourned, apparently, due to the chairman of the hearing NOT turning up. I have been informed that under normal circumstances that was illegal, as the cost of not appearing was so high for all the people involved.

Don't forget that the area has changed significantly since Niche was there. There are lots of residential buildings now so it was never likely to be given permission to open until 6am.

Do you have a link to the application on the council website? I'd be interested to see the comments but I can't find it on the search.

Don't forget that the area has changed significantly since Niche was there. There are lots of residential buildings now so it was never likely to be given permission to open until 6am.

Do you have a link to the application on the council website? I'd be interested to see the comments but I can't find it on the search.

You can find the agenda of the meeting here: http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/council-meetings/licensing-committee/agendas-2011/agenda-26th-may-2011

All the appendices attached to the report are not available online, but they are open to the press. You can ring Democratic Service to ask if they are available to the public as well.

So, no "Apologies for Absence from Members of the Committee", as their was never a meeting due to absence. Typical.:rant:

Just a suggestion but why no put a Niche out of town?.

Just a suggestion but why no put a Niche out of town?.

They did that in Leeds in about 2009... Very high police presence on launch night, and closed after 2 or 3 weeks I think.

I for one wouldn't bother travelling out of town just to go to Niche.