POLL: "Old" Niche to re-open as new members only club "Nemos"

What do you think to the "old" Niche nightclub, re-opening as a new club?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think to the "old" Niche nightclub, re-opening as a new club?

• Yes, I like the idea.
    • No, absolutely not.
    • I don't really care either way.

Way too slimy, yuk :)

(edit (not you, the toms ;) )

I realised that eventually ha ha i think thats why alot don't like toms, because they are squidgy and slimy, but I find them refreshing and juicy and delicious fried! :wink:

Not bad fried I guess!

Just thinking to myself, if Niche opened again, would I go?

I don't go out much any more.... Mostly owing to the fact that since the original Niche closed down, I never really liked going anywhere else. I went to Limit a few times, and Vibe once, it wasn't the same. Rest of town is pants. I'm thinking I wouldn't go, as i don't go out any more, but, thats only because Niche closed.

No, actually, it still wouldn't be the same would it? I could walk through the place to go for a wee, and everyone I passed would speak to me, just doesn't happen now!

What are your thoughts on the "old" Niche nightclub on SIDNEY STREET, re-opening as "Nemos" - a new 'members only' nightclub?

Next Level Entertainment Limited, which is applying to re-open the old Niche site on Sidney Street, will have their application considered at a Sheffield Council licensing board hearing on Thursday 19th May, 2011.

Niche started life as Nimos if I remember right. Why the change back? and members only clubs dont do that well if memory serves correct.

I went in on the special day they held after it had closed, where a few of the old timers were gathering their memories. I came out with a few tiles off the upstairs wall, and the 'Toilets --->' and 'Coats and valuables are left at owners risk' signs :hihi:

I wanted the Neon toilets sign from downstairs, but it was still wired up

I went mainly from 2003 - 5, but did go very occasionally before then. I loved niche and i think people should give it a break attacking it all the time. When it was raided military style, what did the clubbers do? Did they riot? NO Did they cooperate? YES ... and all this in below freezing temperatures. Crackhouse my ar**e!!! Total joke that police operation and so over the top you couldn't think it up!

I went to Limit a few times and when it became Vibe on Charter Row, but the Niche Grand Reopening in 2009, was in my opinion unforgettable. It was rammed in all three rooms and queues round the block outside and total road block. It was an amazing night which Sheffield should be proud of!