Proctor Place Hillsborough - yet again!!

i fully support this. parking wants banning on here. 24/7

also a pedestrian crossing island at the junction.

people try to cross here like they have death wish.

Have to agree with all on this who support a ban here. This is Kamikaze strip and I'm amazed that it doesn't get regularly patrolled! The amounht of illegal parking without blue badges amazes me - absolutely causing the bottle necks described.

Equally, have to agreed with previous poster - ONCE pedestrian crossing, then fine, their right of way, but this kamikaze mentality of walk first without looking is most ridiculous.

Today, there was even double parking - blue badges both sides of what is really a single road to top car park or coop car park, and no way through at all for cars coming in or out! This held up the Supertram as well, as there was a log jam back onto the main road. This needs some pretty quick action as despite whether you have a blue badge or not, you just cant go and cause an obstruction!

Thanks for reading

I'm pretty sure its the latter. If I'm buying anything heavy at the Co-op I take my car, and Proctor Place is regularly a bottle neck due to selfish parking. The Co-op car park is free (and has been for a long time), and there is a lift up to street level in the shop.

I think its often people wanting to use the Halifax cash point who just can't be bothered finding a legal parking spot. And the OP is right about pedestrians on that corner, but if they wait for a polite motorist to let them cross, they could be there for a while!

Absolutely concur. Please patrol it and lets make it safe for pedestrians, drivers, people with disabilities and blue badge holders, and lets keep responsible here

I've tried that walking through Hillsborough - its pretty obvious most drivers either don't know or don't comply! :roll:

When I'm driving I do watch out for pedestrians, but some definitely have a kamikaze gene. :P

Very true, most drivers look in the direction of on coming traffic but never check if people are crossing the road. Proctor Place isn't too bad for this as it's a narrow road but when I lived in Malin Bridge the amount of times I nearly got run over crossing to the tram from the top of Holme Lane is countless. They used to swing round that blind corner without a look right due to it being a one way system. Pedestrians had no change if in the middle of the road. Car drivers should learn to look out for us, like they were taught when learning to drive, as we don't just approach from one direction.

Its time to make Proctor Place a double yellow line road - too much double parking causing queues back on to the main road. Very frustrating - let's hope the Council follows through on its pledge to consdier this travesty of a parking area. Lets also get parking attendents down there regularly ticketing all the illegal cars parked that cause this unecessary obstruction.

I just looked on street view it is double yellow lines.

Patience is a virtue and it also lowers your blood pressure. Life is too short don't let it wind you up.

All the way down Fox or just the top? Must have been done in the last week then! Great if it has........

Couldn't you have just resurected your old own thread about this, or do you feel so important that you have to generate a completely new one?:roll:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=406176

I'm glad it's been resurrected... below I've copied and pasted my post from the previous thread...and no-one could answer me, so I'll try again...

'' Could anyone tell me what the restrictions are on BB holders??

Proctor Place seems a magnet for owners of cars with BBs.

If you use a BB, do you also have to ensure you are not causing an obstruction or such like?

Does the single yellow line with time restrictions of 8am to 6pm apply to BB?

I also find using PP extremely frustrating, and the amount of times I've witnessed some gormless looking so-n-so chowing down on a sandwich while sitting in their obstructively parked car..well, I've lost count. I am now prone to making sure I squeeze past their vehicle with just centimetres to spare while giving them my most earnest 'Evil Eye'.

A couple of months ago we had an appointment at the Estate Agents opp PP, we were sat in traffic on Middlewood Rd for 15 minutes before we managed to get into PP, after apologising for being late for our appntmnt, the Estate Agent said it's been like it on and off all morning, culminating in 2 trams stuck in the tailback, the cause being 4 cars parked nose to tail on the single yellow line, and a delivery truck on the Co-Op side of the road. The delivery truck was for Boots but couldn't get into the designated loading area because it was blocked off by these cars, 2 of the cars were BB holders and 2 were not but all obviously oblivious to their selfish parking. I wish I could be a Traffic Warden for the day, I'd just make camp on PP and nab the lot of them.''

Maybe someone could enlighten me??

Are you having a laugh its the idiots who park on the yellows, double park and are inconsiderate in general that often cause problems on this road. People with disabled badges can park on yellows how do you make it no parking at any time? Make it a clear way sorry I m not a driver myself so am unaware what will be needed. In all fairness if people opened there eyes and looked before parking up and were a bit more considerate this would not be an issue. We already have permits does anyone want the shops of hillsborough to survive?