Parking fines - Netto, Woodseats

if anyone has recieved a fine for over staying at the mentioned car park please check the photo evidence, i have just recieved one and both photos show me driving in when i was turning round and not driving in and then out

(hope that makes sense), i am now appealing against the fine, but strangely they are not replying to my e mails!!!!!!

i would check that they haven't done the same to you

I think you will find these fines are not enforcable lol throw it in the bin

They are not fines, they are speculative invoices - as you haven't entered into a contract with them, they have no way of forcing you to pay despite their threats.

thanks thats great, i spent 2 days worrying about it but kept thinking something was wrong with the pictures but couldn't work it out, but other half did today, so chuffed to bits now as i knew i had not done anything wrong.

not heard anything back from them, can't wait until i do

thanks thats great, i spent 2 days worrying about it but kept thinking something was wrong with the pictures but couldn't work it out, but other half did today, so chuffed to bits now as i knew i had not done anything wrong.

not heard anything back from them, can't wait until i do

They tend to send threatening letters and threaten you with court and baliffs lol tell them to put it where the sun don`t shine theres loads of info on them on the sheff forum and on google take a peek at the link one of many

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=269814

I got one a few years ago demanding £150 for overstaying in a free car park. I ignored the invoice. They will usually send you 3 or 4 threatograms each one sounding scarier than the last. They will also 'pass' the alleged debt onto a debt collection agency (usually just the next desk within the same company). After receiving their final final final demand threatening court action, I heard no more from them. You are perfectly safe to ignore the invoice. Do not contact them and under no circumstances engage in their so called 'appeals' process. If you do, they will treat you like a hooked fish and may start harassing you even more.

Also ignore any messages on here from either Bonjon or Aliens about how you need to pay up. Trust me, you don't. Only a handful of cases have ever been taken to court and won by these scamsters and in most cases it was because the private parking company won by default (i.e. defendant didn't show up) or they didn't submit a proper defence.

In a well known case a few years ago, a Mansfield judge dismissed a court case brought by a Sheffield private parking company because the invoice was deemed to be a penalty charge, which is illegal under contract law.

Edited by Anarchon
additional info & typo

"paging bonjon, paging bonjon, help needed at the front desk with invoice" thread :-)

ps dont enter any correspondence and dont pay, just update the forum as to how you get on and how many made up letters you receive as threats from em.

"paging bonjon, paging bonjon, help needed at the front desk with invoice" thread :-)

ps dont enter any correspondence and dont pay, just update the forum as to how you get on and how many made up letters you receive as threats from em.

:hihi: he'll be on here spouting how court cases have been won and will post a list of dodgy links

I ignored the chain of threat-letters they sent me; haven't had any problems so far from them.

Who is bonjon?

The OP should be aware that these companies are likely to employ people to trawl forums and spread mis-information re: the enforcability of their 'fines' etc.

I'd encourage anyone to resist these ****s.

:hihi: he'll be on here spouting how court cases have been won and will post a list of dodgy links

Court cases have been won; though I doubt a court case trying to impose payment on someone who merely turned round in the entrance way, would get very far.

The reason most of these cases never reach the court is because it would cost far more than the amount of the penalty, in order to put them there.

Court cases have been won; though I doubt a court case trying to impose payment on someone who merely turned round in the entrance way, would get very far.

The reason most of these cases never reach the court is because it would cost far more than the amount of the penalty, in order to put them there.

As another poster has mentioned. Cases basically, never get to court, not because of the cost (£35 to file a claim at the county court & £250 for a hearing). They dont go to court because the parking companies success rate is very very low and they know that no court is going to rule in their favour of a parking charge of £150 for overstaying in a free / pay and display car park.

If the OP was turning around even I agree that it will never get to the courts, although it might be wise to inform which ever company issued it of there error. :thumbsup: