Browns - Sheffield

I haven't been to the Brown's in Sheffield yet, but I've been to another Brown's in Bristol and I had a really good time. The food from what remember is good but then that was nearly 18 months ago so who knows what's it like now, but I look forward to trying it out.

the foods good at the leeds one, its just a rebranded version of any mitchells and butler bar, they rebrand it to make more profit.

Ho Hum.

Another mediocre place to eat.

Think I will pass.

I went to Browns in Edinburgh and enjoyed it. Good atmosphere around the bar and the steaks were very tasty.

Checked out the menu, looks similar (ish) to Ha Ha Bar, I wonder what the mark up is on some of this food? No doubt £4 pint a pint as well, might even still go sometime as its new

Still cheap cocktails 5pm til 7pm, or has that gone?

I was a big fan of HaHa Bar, so was relishing seeing what changes had been made during my visit yesterday. Unfortunately, I cannot say anything positive about my visit, except to say that I wont be returning to see if they had a few teething problems yesterday.

Browns in Covent Garden is one of my favourite places to go in London - great atmosphere, excellent cocktails and a solid (if not incredibly original) menu - desserts are particularly good. Obviously I have no idea if the one in Sheffield is as good, but I look forward to going to find out.

Just eaten there and I am very impressed. The decor and ambience are wonderful, the food and service impeccable. For six of us including drinks £108 (they add 10 per cent gratuity to the bill which is a bit naughty).

Will be back deffo.

I've only been to the Brown's in Oxford so have no other experience of it as a chain (although a friend has had bad experiences at the Leeds and Manchester branches). Been twice to the one here in Sheffield. First time ate for free on a test run night, and the second time as a paying guest, yesterday (Sunday) afternoon. Really enjoyed it both times...food was lovely (gorgeous scallops and lamb 1st time, yummy belly pork the 2nd); wine was good and the service was seriously outstanding. Would especially recommend Sunday afternoon...a nice, friendly relaxed vibe with the piano tinkling in the background. Very pleasant.

The menu is traditional British with a modern twist. Looking forward to working my way through it.

I tend to use local restaurants around where I live but I also I like having a Brown's in town - I hope it does well.

Edited by MazR
additional info