Rivelin paddling pools

Doubt it, they tend not to bother cos they know it'll only end up getting vandalised by the Chavs.

That's why the Lido up at Millhouses closed years ago, cos it kept getting vandalised so the Council decided to close it, shame though, the Rivelin Paddling Pools etc could be a real hoot if they were better taken care of/ more secure.

I thought the council filled them in october, then emptied them beginning of June for 'maintainence work' which must get done in the dead of night as you never actually see anyone doing any work :suspect:

As for the Lido in Millhouses, I thought that was more a council decision to stop people having fun for free, rather than anything to do with vandalism?

I thought the council filled them in october, then emptied them beginning of June for 'maintainence work' which must get done in the dead of night as you never actually see anyone doing any work :suspect:

As for the Lido in Millhouses, I thought that was more a council decision to stop people having fun for free, rather than anything to do with vandalism?

the Lido actually charged to get in, it was about 50p back in the seventies for all day! :D

PT

No the pools aren't that deep, amkle depth at most for most decent sized adults.

Might be a bit cold though, even in the warm weather as the pools aren't heated.

Thanks for the info - both my boys love having a splash around there when its warm which its going to be this weekend:thumbsup: . I can just never work out when it is they fill them up and we have tried to go before when they hadnt got them ready:(.

Cheers

LisaH xxx