Hello wedding help needed

Hi Katie, my step daughter just did some over the top organza bows tied to the end of each pew with a couple of silk flowers tied in. Was really effective and a lot cheaper ... you can get rolls of organza in lots of different colours on ebay. I think it's about 12 inch wide and 20/25 ish meters long, in fact here's an example http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/25m-Organza-Roll-Wedding-Chair-Sach-Table-Runners-/320616052169?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&var=&hash=item76bf8b8f31 I'm not recommending the particular seller, just the first example that came up on my search :) We also used it for table runners.

awww thankyou both of you im 5 minutes from dunelm mill so will def be going there thats a fab idea i never thought of, i will search photodrew and see what he says and if hes free on that day ect, you 2 will understand how hard it is especially on a budget ive tried talking to the other half who seems oblivious of costs ect and is only too happy to turn up and enjoy the day rather than help :D :D :D men eh ???? im going to get kids in bed and trwal through ebay again another place i never thought of, im totally stressed at minute i dont even have invites but its again on my to do list lol i now understand why people spend years planning and saving but will be worth all the stress when im saying i do,

im very grateful some fab ideas thanks again

sarah xxxx

Hi!

You sound similar to me! We marry on the same day as you (reg office though at 10.30 and still no idea how to fill the 7 hr gap!), and have 2 young children so are doing it on a budget.

My photos are being done by gillbat (her username on here) for £85 for 3 hours (only require wedding and straight after not all day), with photos on a disc and 3 prints I think it is.

I am also still stuck with wedding car hire as most I have seen are over £200 which I refuse to pay to take me from home to town and that's all I want it for with the reception being so much later!

Invites- a nifty trick someone on hitched.co.uk told me- use Vistaprint, make your order up then leave it (register etc) and then they start emailing you discount codes etc! I still haven't got mine but have drafted some up and plan to buy when I next get paid.

My dress is from china- read really good reviews about Landybridal (asapbay) is their eBay ID- just awaiting the dress which was a made to measure copy of an Alfred Angelo dress I like. Will update on that one!

eBay again for other bits- have got all 3 of my bridesmaids/flowergirl dresses from there from the US for abotu £60 delivered- they are on their way but got dresses form the US before for another wedding and they were gorgeous!

Also got balloons from eBay, table confetti, organza favour bags, wedding guest book and matching ring cushion- all great. I plan to get (fake) bouquet/buttonholes from there, and might even get the groom's waistcoat and cravat/hankie when next paid and just get a nice suit/shoes/shirt from elsewhere at a later date.

My colour scheme is cadbury purple and white so just eBayed 'purple wedding' and had a look at what sort of things came up!

The cake I am getting made by a lady whose name I found on here- Donna. She has a FB page with some photos on and as we are only having a smallish 3 tier sponge/choc or both cake she can do that for £80 I think it was.

My hair I am getting done by a lady at Greenhill salon that my friend recommended. £15 for trial and same on the day, and I presume the same or less for my 5yr old daughter. She is even going into her salon early on the Saturday morning so I can go down and get my hair done! My make up I plan to do myself using some nice making I am yet to buy (!). I will buy my pettitcoat from eBay once I have the dress I reckon, and will look in High St shops for wedding shoes for my and the little ones/other half. I will ba having my nails and tan done the day or 2 before, and maybe a wax :)

My venue I found on a thread on here- very cheap and has buffet and DJ included.

Just a few more things to sort now, and LOTS more to buy!! Good luck! x

When looking for a cheap photographer please ensure that they hold insurance.

I have heard many horror stories of small children crashing into tripods and camera bags and the photographer becoming liable for £1000's of personal injury to the child.

Parents don't tend to go easy on people in this situation, even on friends.

So i'd consider that a fair warning for both the couple 2b and the photographer as well.

I know a great photographer that has very reasonable prices trupixgalleries.co.uk but he is very busy, might be booked depending on your date.

I'm getting married soon on a budget and I am having cupcakes for my wedding cake & desert for our guests, kiss-the-frog.co.uk has amazing cakes, they taste amazing, I had some bought for me for my birthday and have been in love since! You will have to contact the lady for prices as she is only just starting in business but the quote she has given me is fab. Would definately reccommend for weddings on a budget!

• 2 weeks later...

we had to book a taxi to the children's hospital at stupid o'clock one morning, and I'm pretty certain we wound up travelling in a nice clean merc

ring city cars and see if they can book you a specific car and driver, and if they can travel without their magnetic door badges on. should be cheaper than a wedding car if they can do it

my friend made her cake from cheese.......not as bad as it sounds honest...it was beautiful she bought the big round cheeses from the counter at the supermarket it was draped with grapes and looked very effective and then at night we all scoffed it with homemade pickles etc..

you can get cheap roses headbands for flower girls and bridesmaids from ebay less than £3.00 and all colours I got burgundy and Ivory. and the stationery very high quality from bowjanglesweddings they are local as well

We made all our own invites. We made quite a tricky design so they did take many nights! But if you keep it simple and buy all your supplies from the internet (don't bother with hobbycraft) you can do your invites cheaply. I've heard lots of good things about vistaprint and that'll be really hassle-free!

I like the taxi idea for your wedding car. I'm getting ready at the same hotel I'm getting married at so didn't need wedding cars. Although my dad did offer me his trailer :hihi: