Supertram line extensions? Sheffield to Rotherham?

You are missing one impotant point though. With prams and wheelchairs these represent the ONLY means of transport for the occupant. A bicycle is very different.

For a wheelchair I completely agree, and they should always have priority.

For a pram you are incorrect, children can be carried and a pushchair can be folded up, exactly as a parent would have to do were the spot already full with another user.

Guest busdriver1
For a wheelchair I completely agree, and they should always have priority.

For a pram you are incorrect, children can be carried and a pushchair can be folded up, exactly as a parent would have to do were the spot already full with another user.

FOLD UP A PUSHCHAIR???? parents will wait 20 minutes in the rain rather than do that.

That's up to them really, it's not an argument for why a pushchair should have priority over a bike.

You're right, it can be done, but not by all parents.

I for one suffered from a disability which would make it a nightmare for me to fold up the pushchair and carry my child.

A pram should be pretty much seen in the same light as a wheelchair because it is used to contain a person who can not walk or who has difficulty in walking.

We could easily use your argument and say that people in wheelchairs should just get out and be carried by their carer, because it is entirely possible. Possible yes, practicle no.

Yes come up Halifax Rd sick of the buses always running late. We need more buses that run into Hillsborough Interchange.

edit: life is too short for internet arguments.

Edited by AndrewC

edit: life is too short for internet arguments.

Life is the longest thing you will ever consciously experience.

You're right, it can be done, but not by all parents.

I for one suffered from a disability which would make it a nightmare for me to fold up the pushchair and carry my child.

A pram should be pretty much seen in the same light as a wheelchair because it is used to contain a person who can not walk or who has difficulty in walking.

We could easily use your argument and say that people in wheelchairs should just get out and be carried by their carer, because it is entirely possible. Possible yes, practicle no.

Many people in a wheel chair don't have carers, so no, we couldn't easily say that at all.

Many people in a wheel chair don't have carers, so no, we couldn't easily say that at all.

Fair enough then. Anyone in a wheelchair who does have a carer, should be carried by that carer on the tram and the wheelchair folded up. And any babies in prams are fully allowed access to the special area of the tram, as long as they don't have a carer.

You make a very good point, Cyclone. Lets make it happen.

Guest busdriver1

I want to take a car on to the tram, can we clear out all the seats to make space for it?

Fair enough then. Anyone in a wheelchair who does have a carer, should be carried by that carer on the tram and the wheelchair folded up. And any babies in prams are fully allowed access to the special area of the tram, as long as they don't have a carer.

You make a very good point, Cyclone. Lets make it happen.

We should do a study first, find out whether it's quite normal to hold the occupant of a pushchair for it's carer, and whether the same applies for wheelchair users who need assistance.