Sheffield Homes & Kier Repairs ?

Kier repairs  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Kier repairs

• good
    • could be better
    • totally garbage

why are you waiting i thought it was your brother:huh:

i thought you would say something, im dealing with it :)

Edited by quicken

i thought you would say something, im dealing with it :)

you cant really blame kier because you have been waiting so long, the fact is, the council give kier the go ahead to do the job, kier cant just come out and do it.

you cant really blame kier because you have been waiting so long, the fact is, the council give kier the go ahead to do the job, kier cant just come out and do it.

Kier have been given the go ahead they just haven't come out to do it and still waiting :roll::help:

Kier have been given the go ahead they just haven't come out to do it and still waiting :roll::help:

i would contact kier superviser and ask them what they are playing at, failing that contact your local mp , they will chase it up for you, good luck : )

we are thinking of suing anyone with advice on how to go about this would be appreciated.

:rolleyes: go on then i'll bite

you want to know how to go about suing Kier my advice would be to see a solicitor, but as you have not put the reason as to why you feel you could sue then no one can give you a definitive answer as to how you would fare, as your brother might be expecting something that is beyond Kiers control.

An example would be he feels a new item ( boiler, door, window, roof) is needed but Kier and Sheffield Homes disagree and say that it can be repaired, so they operatives go to do the repair and you're brother refuses them entry to do the said repair.

but as i have said before without putting the details no one can give you a satisfactory answer.

also be aware if your brother where to lose any court case he would also be liable for Kiers costs which would not be cheap.

My advice would be for your brother to deal with it himself without you 'helping him out' as you have got nowhere because Im sure i've explained this to you before but you seem unable to take it in.

:rolleyes: go on then i'll bite

you want to know how to go about suing Kier my advice would be to see a solicitor, but as you have not put the reason as to why you feel you could sue then no one can give you a definitive answer as to how you would fare, as your brother might be expecting something that is beyond Kiers control.

An example would be he feels a new item ( boiler, door, window, roof) is needed but Kier and Sheffield Homes disagree and say that it can be repaired, so they operatives go to do the repair and you're brother refuses them entry to do the said repair.

but as i have said before without putting the details no one can give you a satisfactory answer.

also be aware if your brother where to lose any court case he would also be liable for Kiers costs which would not be cheap.

My advice would be for your brother to deal with it himself without you 'helping him out' as you have got nowhere because Im sure i've explained this to you before but you seem unable to take it in.

i wondered how long it would take you, the way he as been treated by the staff, the jobs that should be done in the given time frame going on weeks and months long after the max date causing him great stress, i cant give all details for legal reasons as you can imagine .

Well most work completed Tuesday now time for the complaints to go in for the weeks over the set date of completion.

I have been having problems with Sheffield Homes/Kier can you pm me with details how you got things done thanks .

I have been having problems with Sheffield Homes/Kier can you pm me with details how you got things done thanks .

ye mate i will send you details, but believe me its for from over if not worse :mad:

If you haven't made a complaint yet, I'd suggest you do that first. Not everyone's problems are the same or will be resolved in the same way. Here's a link where you can fill in your complaint online: https://www.sheffieldhomes.org.uk/myCommunity/HaveYourSay/ComplaintsPraiseAndSuggestions.aspx

If you have complained and you aren't satisfied with the outcome, you can take it to the ombudsman, or speak to your local councillor.

i don't quite agree they go in to the job full intentions, a few meeting down the line come out part council its a slow brain washing system, they just go to meetings that cost more than the average roof replacement and then feel that they have done something they just end up being an extension of the council to which we contribute too through our rents :rant::suspect::roll:

The TARA charge is 10p per tenancy