Sheffield Homes & Kier Repairs ?

Kier repairs  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Kier repairs

• good
    • could be better
    • totally garbage

As the title says Your Views Of Our Sheffield Kier Repairs ?

Our kid as had a lot of trouble over the years with Kier and knows of quite a few that have, and he is thinking of starting a campaign to prevent them getting the next contract for the council,

and is unsure of how exactly how to go about it he is wondering if a petition, (http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/petitions) is the way to go he would appreciate any help/advice given thanks in advance

feel free to PM me with anything that may help if you don't wish to say in this thread

Again thank-you

Quicken

I know they messed up Beauchief Abbey by using the wrong materials and it has cost the council thousands to fix. My disabled niece in London has been waiting three years for them to properly fix her bathroom. Her council has got so fed up they have changed contracter. Seems councils all over the country are stopping using Kier.

I know they messed up Beauchief Abbey by using the wrong materials and it has cost the council thousands to fix. My disabled niece in London has been waiting three years for them to properly fix her bathroom. Her council has got so fed up they have changed contracter. Seems councils all over the country are stopping using Kier.

thanks mate hope all was sorted after all that .

Problem with getting rid of Kier is that they will let go of the staff they have. A new company will come in and not have the staff to cope, so they'll take on the former Kier staff. So the problem won't be solved, all that will change is the name of the company that's cocking everything up.

Problem with getting rid of Kier is that they will let go of the staff they have. A new company will come in and not have the staff to cope, so they'll take on the former Kier staff. So the problem won't be solved, all that will change is the name of the company that's cocking everything up.

there is no doubt that there are some real genuine people that work for kier, and only hope the next company would install a better work ethic in the ones that are not, and that treat people in social housing with contempt/disdain and forget that its the work they are doing which is buying there own homes .

never happen mate the next set of monkeys will work for even less nuts and that will always out way there performance;)

and that treat people in social housing with contempt/disdain and forget that its the work they are doing which is buying there own homes .

I see your point there, i had the same problems with connaught.

When they ruined the kitchen work they did, they had the cheek to say "what are you moaning about, your not paying for it doing".

I told them stight, that its my choice to rent and not buy. Just because i rent it does not mean i'm any less of a person then them, especially when i work longer hours and was probably paid more.

I eventually got most of their poor work man ship sorted, i was not supprised to find that they went in to administration. I was also told that the council sacked them and contracted lovell in their place.

there is no doubt that there are some real genuine people that work for kier, and only hope the next company would install a better work ethic in the ones that are not, and that treat people in social housing with contempt/disdain and forget that its the work they are doing which is buying there own homes .

This is my experience of far too many Kier workmen too, rude unpleasant workmen who do not know how to show basic politeness and respect whilst they are in someone else's home!

As the title says Your Views Of Our Sheffield Kier Repairs ?

Our kid as had a lot of trouble over the years with Kier and knows of quite a few that have, and he is thinking of starting a campaign to prevent them getting the next contract for the council,

and is unsure of how exactly how to go about it he is wondering if a petition, (http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/petitions) is the way to go he would appreciate any help/advice given thanks in advance

feel free to PM me with anything that may help if you don't wish to say in this thread

Again thank-you

Quicken

I dont understand? Why keep going with Kier is he is unsatisfied with their work. If its something to do with council tenancy etc, then if he is unhappy why doesn't he find a reputable private company and pay them like non council tenants have to?

When they ruined the kitchen work they did, they had the cheek to say "what are you moaning about, your not paying for it doing".

I told them stight, that its my choice to rent and not buy. Just because i rent it does not mean i'm any less of a person then them, especially when i work longer hours and was probably paid more.

I eventually got most of their poor work man ship sorted, i was not supprised to find that they went in to administration. I was also told that the council sacked them and contracted lovell in their place.

Ye but you do know that they will just be back with a different name ;)

I dont understand? Why keep going with Kier is he is unsatisfied with their work. If its something to do with council tenancy etc, then if he is unhappy why doesn't he find a reputable private company and pay them like non council tenants have to?

Because he is in social housing and cant afford to pay for work that should be carried out by the landlord .

Is there a website that lists are all available council houses in Sheffield? And are there any in the nice area's of Sheffield?