After 20 years the World Student Games not yet ½ paid off.

1991 World Student Games = was it worth it?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. 1991 World Student Games = was it worth it?

• Yes
    • No

1) Not that interested, only joined in because your childish insults annoyed me on behalf of the other people involved in the thread.

2) Still not answering that question? Still too difficult for you?

Awww come on you said he'd proved me wrong, he hasn't, Google not your friend?:)

At first all parties supported the World Student Games. It went wrong financially when the TV companies backed out. At that point the libs and tories (or should I say tory) withdrew support when there was no chance of stopping. To do so would have incurred the cost without reaping the benefits of the facilities we have enjoyed ever since.

Awww come on you said he'd proved me wrong, he hasn't, Google not your friend?:)

I said he had when your best response was a bit of childish name calling.

You've since posted some figures, but the attitude you've demonstrated means that you may well have just made them up, who knows, there's no link to the report for anyone to check it themselves.

At first all parties supported the World Student Games. It went wrong financially when the TV companies backed out. At that point the libs and tories (or should I say tory) withdrew support when there was no chance of stopping. To do so would have incurred the cost without reaping the benefits of the facilities we have enjoyed ever since.

I wondered why on earth Sheffield applied to host them. They'd had no TV or mainstream media coverage before and no coverage after. The Commonwealth Games is the bare minimum a UK city should be striving for.

I said he had when your best response was a bit of childish name calling.

You've since posted some figures, but the attitude you've demonstrated means that you may well have just made them up, who knows, there's no link to the report for anyone to check it themselves.

You've poked your nose in to an ongoing feud which you were not part of. Now you've ended up with egg on you face! Yes what I said was childish but Vague Boy is a troll who post's controversial links on things he clearly does not understand or have a real grasp of. It's usual Wildcat who takes him to task!

As for the figs they are not from the net but from a report which I have in my possession. You won't find corroboration anywhere on the web, that's why it took me a couple of days to get my reply together. I got the info from a former bigwig in the industry.

Independent verification could possibly be obtained from Peter fish at MEPS.

If you want a private conversation use PM's, otherwise anyone can join in.

If you want to avoid being criticised, stop resorting to playground tactics of name calling when trying to prove a point and just post the figures.

If you want a private conversation use PM's, otherwise anyone can join in.

If you want to avoid being criticised, stop resorting to playground tactics of name calling when trying to prove a point and just post the figures.

Like I said previously, get over yourself, we're not all internet geeks, some of us live real lives and perhaps do get over excited occasionally!

Way to go W.1.

A few facts and figures is sure to get them stooping to the "you're childish and rude" routine.

I have to admit i was shocked to see Tony had resorted to these insults and bitterly disappionted because as you know,me an Tone are like that.

Looking forward to May,

Regards.

Eh? Tony did what?

Ooo, you are a one, you little scamp.

Like I said previously, get over yourself, we're not all internet geeks, some of us live real lives and perhaps do get over excited occasionally!

Being adult is the same as being an internet geek now...:suspect:

Way to go W.1.

A few facts and figures is sure to get them stooping to the "you're childish and rude" routine.

I have to admit i was shocked to see Tony had resorted to these insults and bitterly disappionted because as you know,me an Tone are like that.

Looking forward to May,

Regards.

Before the facts and figures if you bother to read the thread

No wonder everybody thinks Baaaarnsley people are thick!

Keep posting rubbish Link Boy. Will respond later. I'm off to town. Have fun in your sad, virtual world!

Big soz Tone.

But it's all getting repetetive on here.

There are local elections coming up,for heavens sake get the fishing tackle out and inject some life inth everyone.

By the way,i'm thinking of voting Labour this time.